Darkest Dungeon - Wizened Hag Boss Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
That was pretty good. I like how this game looks. There's an almost Warhammer-like vibe to it with the career types and generally brutal outlook.

Looks great. I'll get nightmares, but I think it'll be worth it...

Looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure I like the idea of losing control of my entire party though and watch them fight on their own for a bit.

That could get very annoying depending how often it happens and how much control you have to prevent it from happening.

Losing control of your party just adds to the interest factor of the battles. I don't mind it a bit and think the gameplay in this video looks sweet! :)

Looks very fun indeed. The sort of game that would be awesome on a tablet/mobile device.
Red Hook Studios already has plans to port the game to consoles, and tablet/mobile devices. It was part of the games stretch goals on kickstarter last year.

There is another game that does this - maybe VC ? - anyways I think it can work really well if done right.

Looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure I like the idea of losing control of my entire party though and watch them fight on their own for a bit.

That could get very annoying depending how often it happens and how much control you have to prevent it from happening.

Hum. I wonder if backers will get the tablet version in addition to pc version... can't remember. Would be a fun tablet game for long plane rides.

Red Hook Studios already has plans to port the game to consoles, and tablet/mobile devices. It was part of the games stretch goals on kickstarter last year.

There is another game that does this - maybe VC ? - anyways I think it can work really well if done right.

I'm sure it can if done right.

I'm a bit of a control freak though so to have control taken away and be at the mercy of "AI randomness" will bother me some I'm sure. As I said though if it's controllable and is a consequence of poor decisions by me then it will be fine but if I put together a great strategy and my guys get randomly stressed and freak out I will get annoyed.

It's not a knock on the game but I know my personality and I don't like randomness that I can't control.

looks promising indeed. i don't know how i'll feel when my characters will get freaked out during combat, but it was very amusing to watch

Looks promising. Looks lethal, two fighters lost in the battle against a boss, even if it looks engineered.
Fighters might have their personality, with all those traits building up. Could add an extra layer in the way the player can push their party.

The product is to be released on February, 3rd, on Steam Early Access.

Back
Top Bottom