Drakensang Online - Official Site, New Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bigpoint sent us a PR announcing the Drakensang Online site and a new trailer. I won't be covering this game in general but thought this might be worth a last mention.
New trailer and website published
· First look into the story of the online fantasy epic

Hamburg, November 29, 2010 – In spring 2011, the latest title in the award-winning Drakensang saga will be launched as the first free-to-play online game in the series. The game’s epic fantasy story will guide players through the world of Drakensang Online, prompting them to unite with thousands of other players and repel the evil forces amassing against them. The trailer and the latest images prove that top-quality graphics are no longer exclusively the realm of boxed games. Check out the trailer and images, and register more information at www.drakensang-online.com.
More information.

It seems to be http://www.drakensang-online.de (.com leads to a parked domain). Anyway, why does everything has to be "online" nowadays? I like multiplayer, being able to play with some of my friends is nice, but making everything an MMORPG? I'm already disappointed by the lack of a real Kotor 3…

Irian, you said it brother , they all cant be MMO can they ? Take Royal Quest the makers of Kings Bounty , that game would do so much better as a hard core ARPG. What happend to single player campaigns ???

No idea. Even I'm starting to get a little flipped off with it, which was perhaps sparked by the announcement of Royal Quest. That said, I posted my piece on the 1C boards and as such I'll take a step back and see what happens.

At least UbiSoft had the sense (Wait, is that an oxymoron?) to continue making non-MMO Might & Magic games.

No idea. Even I'm starting to get a little flipped off with it, which was perhaps sparked by the announcement of Royal Quest. That said, I posted my piece on the 1C boards and as such I'll take a step back and see what happens.

At least UbiSoft had the sense (Wait, is that an oxymoron?) to continue making non-MMO Might & Magic games.

There already is a MMO Might & Magic game.Its a turn based broswer game like bigpoint makes.Still your right ubisofts next Might & Magic game is still single player.Thank the gaming gods for that.Now let me get back to my couch.

just wait for ubiSofts announcement they just got a new studio with 80 people. This Drakensang looks pretty though . Im tellin you it would do very well as an ARPG . Why must Devs learn the haed way these days. GREED !!!

It seems to be http://www.drakensang-online.de (.com leads to a parked domain). Anyway, why does everything has to be "online" nowadays? I like multiplayer, being able to play with some of my friends is nice, but making everything an MMORPG? I'm already disappointed by the lack of a real Kotor 3…

Because "online" means the game will not be pirated?

Regardless. Judging from the video the game has nothing to do , even remotely with Drakensang games released in last two years.

It looks like generic hack and slash diablo clone.

There already is a MMO Might & Magic game.Its a turn based broswer game like bigpoint makes.Still your right ubisofts next Might & Magic game is still single player.Thank the gaming gods for that.Now let me get back to my couch.
I know, that's why I said "continue to make". There's also two "MMO" Might & Magic games; Might & Magic Kingdoms and Might & Magic Online. One's a rebranded Korean (I think) game, and I think the other one was made by UbiSoft.

Me personally ... I love arpg / hack n slash Games like Sacred1,2 ,Titans Quest, Gauntlet you get the picture . These type of games have a huge fan base. But i cant stand MMOs . Not every game has to become an MMO or Multiplayer . The only MMO that has my interest is Guild Wars and thats not pure MMO . MMO is just another way for a game to sell out to the masses .

Guild wars that game brings back fond memories.Its the only online I loved playing everybody seems to love wow but I grew bored and dropped it.Try telling the Asian territories online gaming sucks.Its a multi billion dollar industry over there.

I love MMOs, like them better in many instances than most of today's RPGs. But, I do stay away from free to play (F2P) MMOs.

Well I never played the full Drakensang game/s...but I did play a bit of a demo; the 1st game released I believe. Don't remember anything bad about the experience, but I was too involved atm with other games and never made it back to try the full version.

This looks to be an ARPG apparently set in the same "world" as Drakensang. And I have to say the graphics look pretty good. Somewhere between Torchlight and Diablo 3...nothing wrong there in my book :)

Some may bemoan that it's not a full blown RPG but rather a ARPG and that it's a MMO and FTP...well all I can say is that if it's fun to play and makes them a profit then go for it!

I've been playing EQ2 Extended (the ftp version of EQ2) and enjoying my time, think I've spent $25 bucks so far for a mount and large inventory bags. Also playing LOTRO which is also now FTP though I have a sub for it ($9 a month basically for the 3 month $29.99 deal)

Just because a game is FTP doesn't always mean poor quality or low entertainment value imo

Thanks for doing a story on the Drakensang Online game...I'll keep a look out for it :)

I enjoy hack & slash/ARPG as well as more traditional RPG games...nothing wrong with enjoying a wide variety of game types and mechanics imo

Regards

Just because a game is FTP doesn't always mean poor quality or low entertainment value imo

That's not why I don't play F2P MMOs. I play MMOs with other people always (I'm not a 'soloer'), and I've found from experience that (in general) F2Ps have a much higher concentration of 13 year old drama queens than paid games. It's just a filter for me.

Erm... A Guy in armor, with two sword, throwing fireballs... Drakensang was a TDE game, but this... monstrosity... doesn't seem to be even closely related to TDE. Sounds strange. That's like making a game called Simarilion that doesn't have to anything with middle earth :)

Erm… A Guy in armor, with two sword, throwing fireballs… Drakensang was a TDE game, but this… monstrosity… doesn't seem to be even closely related to TDE. Sounds strange. That's like making a game called Simarilion that doesn't have to anything with middle earth :)
That's precisely what they're doing.

As mentioned above, it's Drakensang in name only.

Based on this very short snippet, the game looks a lot like Diablo 3. I can't believe there's yet another clone.

It is an action game.

Back
Top Bottom