Dragon Age - GC Videos @ GameTrailers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I've been pretty disappointed with Bioware's recent offerings over the last few years... but I must admit that this game looks like it could be a good one.

I'll be very interested in reputable reviews (mostly from gamers here on the Watch) when it is released.

Looks nice, but i am beginning to fear about bioware now telling that going to port it to console, this possible mean lot of interface change and options get dumb for casual gamers?

It was not suppose to be a pc game exclusive??
________
CONCEPT S

Last edited:
Definitely got that Bioware look and feel. Nice restrained spell effects.

All that mouse clicking looks boring! You have to click and drag a skill to attack a monster?? Hahaha, sorry, I'm just repeating some of the comments on the GameTrailers site. :D Never saw a PC RPG it seems. ;)

@Turok
Yes, it was originally a PC exclusive title, but now they intend to port it. That will, as far as I know, have no affect on the PC version though, since they will finish that first, and then make a port to consoles afterwards. The opposite of what they've done to Jade Empire/Mass Effect, and certainly nothing like Oblivion. The PC version has priority, not the consoles (for once).

I guess I may wait for the console version, as I doubt that my Athlon 64 3500+ 6800GT 2GB RAM can play this fluently (and not at the lowest settings).

It may also be that the franchise is coming to consoles like the Dark Alliance games for Baldur's Gate. I have no problem with Bioware porting the DA: Origins to consoles as long as they have decided to make the game for the pc their first priority. The point is also that we, the pc players get first dibs at this...

Hey, I think it is great that you have to drag and click a skill to attack a monster...but I'm also a somewhat hardcore middle-aged player ;)

Actually, Thaurin, isn't that just about equivalent to an X-Box? At a guess, I would say less processing power but more RAM and almost certainly a larger hard drive. Remember the X-Box 360 came out in late 2005 and hasn't been sped up one bit since then.

The trick is keeping all the other junk out. If you've got the game, plus Weatherbug, plus a few IM programs, plus a music player, plus.... then the X-Box can leave you in the dirt.

I don't know... of course I beat the 360 on HD space, so there's a speed gain there, because I don't have to stream from DVD. But both CPU power (360 has three cores) and graphics card (higher MHz GPU, anyway) leave my PC in the dust. I've never seen my PC churn out the same level of graphical detail at 1360x768 (or 720p for the Xbox 360), not even with a clean and optimized system.

Also, I think my PC is a little older than the 360. Plus consoles are reasonably high-end when they first come out, I think.

Anyone know if you can zoom the camera angle out so that the play perspective is more like NWN 2 and The Witcher ? It's nice to see the party and landscape rather than that FPS tunnel vision perspective all the time.

Anyone know if you can zoom the camera angle out so that the play perspective is more like NWN 2 and The Witcher ? It's nice to see the party and landscape rather than that FPS tunnel vision perspective all the time.

Yes, you can. I've read what a dev, Georg Zoeller?, I think, posted on the Bioware forums. He said that you can zoom in and out as well as pan around. You can even zoom out so you have an isometric perspective somewhat.

It's official. I'll be lining up at midnight to buy this one!

Back
Top Bottom