Gog sale has two great classics

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Seven Cities of Gold and Conquest of the New World are both wonderful games for exploration. Neither are crpgs in any way shape or form, but both were phenomenal, at release, for pure unadulterated exploration. If exploration is your thing, these are can't miss titles. Both games are turn based.

Thank you for the info, crpgnut!

bought them + Starflight 1+2 + Heretic Kingdoms.

Heretic Kingdoms is awesome too. I may go get a GoG copy of that, since you mentioned it. My original CD is scratched but I had a backup copy that was still good. Gog is safer.

I wishlisted the Seven Cities of Gold one because it looked interesting; I might grab it based on your recommendation. :)

I really went overboard on the gog summer sale. My gog games jumped to 133 games. My backlog effectively doubled. And I hear the Steam summer sale is around the corner. So, yikes!

Agreed. This one thinks life is hard, yes?. :)

pibbur who also has a backlog of energy distributed unevenly around his body.

I was going to get all the Risen 2, Echalons, Might and Magics, NWN 1 and 2. I then realised I still have to get through Risen, The Witcher 1 and 2 and so many other games in my backlog that I resisted.

The deals are good, but they'll be back, so it's ok.

I think we are experiencing and seeing evidence that the supply is starting to far exceed the demand…

Good observation, I think you're right.

Still, I would like to see more "hardcore RPGs" in this never-ending supply. It seems like indie action games are all the rage now.

Seven Cities is a classic, but it is more about nostalgia than being good today. I haven't played it since 93 or 94. Still, how can you go wrong for a couple bucks ;)

I wanted to give a little getting started help since I started Seven Cities last night.

1. The Ctrl key is used for almost everything except the main menu. Alt will increase movement speed.

2. The goal is to build forts, missions, and colonies. Finding out which mixture of people are needed is part of the fun.

3. Food is the most vital asset.

4. Difficulty appears to be only about starting gold. If you play on hard you only get 1500 gold to outfit your group and the ship is 1000.

Back
Top Bottom