What games are you playing now?

Honestly - and probably a sad reflection - but I enjoyed Dungeon Lords MMXII more than Mass Effect 3 ... not saying it is a better game, just that I enjoyed it more.

I did the Rachni mission last night. At least there were new kinds of enemies and lots of egg popping. ;)

There seems to be a buttload of little super-lightweight collection assignments for people at the Citadel that end up giving you war assets - things that aren't identified anywhere on the galaxy map. Most of these quests are received by just standing around snooping in on their dialogue or a sequence of dialogs, and then picking up an odd bit of tech in the galaxy or approving something in on the Specter console. Odd.

Last edited:
Started SWTOR. Like it so far.

Far Cry 3. One of the best games i've played in recent years, hope they'll release an expansion..

Cool - that doesn't come out until Tuesday over here, and honestly with my backlog I am in no rush to spend $60 for a game to sit on my shelf until I play it ...

I did the Rachni mission last night. At least there were new kinds of enemies and lots of egg popping. ;)

There seems to be a buttload of little super-lightweight collection assignments for people at the Citadel that end up giving you war assets - things that aren't identified anywhere on the galaxy map. Most of these quests are received by just standing around snooping in on their dialogue or a sequence of dialogs, and then picking up an odd bit of tech in the galaxy or approving something in on the Specter console. Odd.

Stop it. You are making me want to replay ME2. I loved every minute of it. Damn the haters!

The steam sale of Confrontation got me it for 7 bucks, and I think I've already gotten my money's worth after playing all morning.

It's a decent squad-based strategy title w/ some rpg elements (leveling, upgrading equipment). Normally not into sci-fi other than Warhammer 40K, but this one is pretty cool actually. It's also based off a tabletop wargame, cant say I've ever seen or heard of it otherwise.

It's a decent squad-based strategy title w/ some rpg elements (leveling, upgrading equipment). Normally not into sci-fi other than Warhammer 40K, but this one is pretty cool actually. It's also based off a tabletop wargame, cant say I've ever seen or heard of it otherwise.

Eh? Confrontation is sci-fi? I thought it was high fantasy.

Purchased it during the Fall sale... maybe I'll install it tonight.

Yeah, I guess youre right when you boil it down, but there's guns and some technology/machinery tho. I'm running around high-tech laboratories right now throwing switches for the next area and fighting half-robotic mutants and stuff. The enemy faction "The Scorpion" are supposedly alchemical mad scientists gone bad. Or something.
There's also an Orc and Wolf-people faction, ready to get to fighting them. The current faction is getting a bit repetitive

Evochron Mercenary is basically a modern Elite Frontier style of game with multiplayer support. It's as polished as you should expect from an Indie-title (not very) but it have a tremendous atmosphere that sucked me right in. You wouldn't believe this is a one-man project. I run a private server for me and my friends (on the computer to the left) and I run an extra HUD software on my tablet PC (on the smaller screen to the right). I use my XBox controller (black one in the middle) which works well enough for me. I play mercenary and I do not make as much money yet as my friends who play miners but I am still having fun.

evochronmercenary.jpg

Honestly - and probably a sad reflection - but I enjoyed Dungeon Lords MMXII more than Mass Effect 3 … not saying it is a better game, just that I enjoyed it more.

Dungeon Lords is still a game I've never played and this comment from Mike has made me curious to try it.
Which is better for a first time player the new MMXII version or the Collectors Edition, I've read mixed reviews on that question.

Dungeon Lords is still a game I've never played and this comment from Mike has made me curious to try it.
Which is better for a first time player the new MMXII version or the Collectors Edition, I've read mixed reviews on that question.

Neither. Don't waste your time…there are far too many better crpgs out there to play.

^
|

What JDR13 said - my clueless enjoyment of Dungeon Lords is a well recognized affliction that I have yet to cure ... :)

Began KOTOR finally yesterday evening. Nearly 10 years too late.

What immediately struck me that I was right : KOTOR looks in every was like a (A)D&D game - regarding the underlying mechanics.

Almost 10 years ago I had already written that in an opinion article ("Alrik's Different Angle") for RPGDot - the the RPGCodex destroyed me for that.

It was even so hard that I decided to withdraw from RPGDot completely so that they would be kept out of the shooting fire that was directed at me.

So, almost 10 years later I repeat what I said back then : Regarding game mechanics, Star Wars has become nothing but another (A)D&D realm.

And, besides, the controls look ugly to me, too. They have really nothing elegant with them.

Back
Top Bottom