Diablo 2 - 7 Reasons it Kicked Butt @ Games Examiner

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In anticipating Diablo III, Games Examiner looks back at 7 Reasons Diablo II Kicked Butt:
Great classes and class strategies
No, Diablo II didn't have that mindblowing never-seen-before class, though the Druid and Assassin classes added with the Lord of Destruction expansion offered a few things rarely seen in RPGs like combo moves and shapeshifting. What Diablo II did have was strong classes with their own unique feel. But what really put them apart was the ability to specialize in different areas, which meant each class might have a half dozen or more strategies that could be exploited through clever class builds.
Thanks, Diii.net.
More information.

I loved Diablo II so hard that it had to file a restraining order. This article lists some important features, but doesn't actually explain why DII kicked butt at all. The author starts with "even those involved in developing Diablo II aren't assured success in re-creating what made the game great", and I certainly agree with that. But then the author goes on to list seven attributes that we can safely assume WILL be present in Diablo III. So does this mean success is assured?

What really made the earlier game great, and what the newer one might lack, has not at all been enumerated by this checklist. Write me better article, I command it.

Back
Top Bottom