Two Worlds: The Temptation - Newsletter #64 @ RPGVault

The links in this article leave a lot to be desired; the Two Worlds link gets you to a site with screenshots only and the interview link returns a 404 error, for me anyway.
There's a bit more Two Worlds:Temptation information available at fansite twoworlds.game.com. but they haven't got around to the current newsletter.

Anyone with a good link, feel free to post it here in the comments.

I believe you won't be disapointed. The second part of the series is a huge step forward. :)

For example? I wanted to like Two Worlds but it just didn't work for me in the end. Much of the PR I see is focused on stuff like better graphics - I want to see more meaningful content - a better story and deeper quests.

Looking forward to it as well, but I do hope the main quest is quite a bit longer than the one in first game.

For example? I wanted to like Two Worlds but it just didn't work for me in the end. Much of the PR I see is focused on stuff like better graphics - I want to see more meaningful content - a better story and deeper quests.

Yes, better quests and a better main story would be a real addition to the game. Also a better leveling systems in which bandits don't run around in shining knight armor only because you are level 15.

This is also my main concern. most of the recent dev comments seem to hype their new graphic engine or how much cool loot there is to be found. They haven't spoken much about questing, factions, character interaction, dialogs or storyline :)

Two Worlds will never be Gothic. Different audience. Don't take TW too seriously and you might have some fun or maybe not.

Different audience? Really?

I don't think I take it seriously at all but there's no way I found the core gameplay mechanics (combat, for example) strong enough to enjoy the game without better content.

Different audience? Really?

I don't think I take it seriously at all but there's no way I found the core gameplay mechanics (combat, for example) strong enough to enjoy the game without better content.

Yes a different audience. Its not for the RPG lover who craves factions and consequences and complains endlessly when the game falls short of the mark. Its an action RPG. Very simple game.

I see it more as a freeroamer, with an interesting colorful world with tons of interesting places and monsters. The plot is just something you abandon the second you start the game.

Yes a different audience. Its not for the RPG lover who craves factions and consequences and complains endlessly when the game falls short of the mark. Its an action RPG. Very simple game.

Too many games these days aren't for rpg lovers. Even if they claim to be rpgs. I'm not against action-rpgs per sē, but I think a game can have good storyline, factions and choises&consequences while labeled as an action-rpg. Gothic proves this. Its simply lazyness from devs not to aim higher.

I think it's safe to say that many of the same people who enjoyed the Gothic series were interested in Two Worlds.

I played Two Worlds and i think i finished it, but i dont remember it. Were there any memorable moments in Two Worlds?

I think it's safe to say that many of the same people who enjoyed the Gothic series were interested in Two Worlds.

Agreed - they labeled themselves as an 'Oblivion killer' and touted the RPG aspects ... exactly *who* was their target audience.

That said, I liked it more than most.

Not that I'm an Oblivion-lover, but to me TW no.1 wasn't even as good as Oblivion, and I found their claims comparing it to Ob very irritating.

It is a game that grows on you though, the farther you progress in it, and as you discover how varied the gameworld really is. I do remember the game, every part of it, even though I played it way back when it came out, and was not sorry I played it, for all it's flaws; so I, for one, will be picking up the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom