Risen Does your Journal not Display Quests?

Avenger

Traveler
If your Journal does not display quests (I read another thread here where someone was having this problem) then go into your windows control panel and change your large fonts back to normal. It is a setting in screen appearance. That will solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip and welcome to the forums.

If you read that thread then you must have read the same solution you propose too :)

I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe.
(I read another thread here where someone was having this problem)

If you saw someone was having a problem with it, then why not mention it overthere? Like others have done.

Besides, almost everywhere on this forum where this issue was mentioned, I referred to the threat which dealt with the problem:
No quest info in Journal

Credit has to be given where credit is due.
Several people, including me, have been working on it for days. Finally Regirs mentioned the solution, and others have confirmed that it worked.

Last edited:
Relax guys. No need to criticise him. Sometimes it's good to have the same info multiple times. The old thread already sank down a bit. :)

Hi Avengenger - welcome to the boards

Meanwhile we have 3 possible solutions:

a) change desktop font size
b) change desktop resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 format
c) change the desktop theme to "Windows Classic"

Relax guys. No need to criticise him. Sometimes it's good to have the same info multiple times. The old thread already sank down a bit. :)

Maybe a sticky should be started with known (and dealt?) issues. With references to the original threat that contains more information. Redundancy like this can be avoided that way.

I joined this forum because I read a post by you, Omega, that said you were playing secretary, and further down it said you were writing down quest notes. I figured that I would help you by going to the trouble of registering and posting the solution. I see that I shouldn't have bothered. I had no idea that you already knew the answer and I hadnt read that many posts in this forum when I decided to send the solution. If I had seen the answer then I wouldn't have registered at all. I was simply trying to do you a favor. What is wrong with people these days?

I joined this forum because I read a post by you, Omega, that said you were playing secretary, and further down it said you were writing down quest notes. I figured that I would help you by going to the trouble of registering and posting the solution. I see that I shouldn't have bothered. I had no idea that you already knew the answer and I hadnt read that many posts in this forum when I decided to send the solution. If I had seen the answer then I wouldn't have registered at all. I was simply trying to do you a favor. What is wrong with people these days?

I mentioned the other thread in that one. You must have missed it. Sorry about that.
Dear Avenger, you've convinced me: your intentions are sincere. And I always express my gratitude to people that are/were trying to help.

So, let me start again:

Avenger, thanks for taking the trouble of registering and providing this solution. Indeed, it works. I'm sorry that you didn't know I already knew the answer. And I'm sorry to see that you say you wouldn't have registered if you had seen the answer. I do hope you'll find this forum has more to offer. In fact I've started another thread about being bloodthirsty. Are you playing Risen? Are you as sweet as me? ;)

I was simply trying to do you a favor. What is wrong with people these days?

It's merely another sign of the general coarsening of society.

In too many instances, in the absence of a clear sign one way or the other, many do not choose to start from the positive position that the intent was to be helpful or the question asked was a genuine request for information.

Instead, too many start from the negative position that you're either a troll, thread necromancer, or some flavor of 'tard.

Which is why I rarely post on any forum, anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom