Dark Souls II - Revealed at VGAs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Nice. Direct sequel to Dark Souls! I liked the world of Dark Souls better than Demon's Souls and now I get to spend more time there!!!

Aside from that, the celebrity standing there doing a VERY poor job of pretending she cared for the subject matter was just painful to watch, almost as painful as all the comments from users talking about how hot she is instead of the awesome announcements.

Shockingly good news!!! Can't wait for the details..

I like how from few innocent forum posts PC version got petitioned, announced, released, modded, and now we get sequel right off the bat too.

I tried several times to get into Dark Souls, but the game didn't grab me. I just couldn't get comfortable with the controls with either a gamepad or m+k.

I've got my Prepare to Die edition waiting patiently on my shelf. Holidays aren't too far away now. :) Looking forward to seeing what it's like for myself.

I tried several times to get into Dark Souls, but the game didn't grab me. I just couldn't get comfortable with the controls with either a gamepad or m+k.

This is my experience as well. I haven't tried mods yet though. Maybe that will help.

All you need is the resolution fix and mouse and keyboard fix (which works with the resolution fix). The mouse and keyboard fix makes a huge difference to playing the game as intended.

As for playing the game itself, start by focusing on the few important keys in the game (attacking, blocking, running and hand items) and familiarise yourself with them. Once your comfortable with these, you can then work with the remaining movement and parrying keys.

All you need is the resolution fix and mouse and keyboard fix (which works with the resolution fix). The mouse and keyboard fix makes a huge difference to playing the game as intended.

As for playing the game itself, start by focusing on the few important keys in the game (attacking, blocking, running and hand items) and familiarise yourself with them. Once your comfortable with these, you can then work with the remaining movement and parrying keys.

Are dark soul mods as easy to install as skyrim? Can you use nexus mod manager?

I like how from few innocent forum posts PC version got petitioned, announced, released, modded, and now we get sequel right off the bat too.

My thoughts exactly.

pibbur who agrees with Paul despite not knowing anything about who he is. He has however met Paul McCartney once.

I have to admit I'm surprised at the love for the game on here, it has almost zero character interaction other then fights. I thought it was ok I guess...hard to get into. I'm not into spending hours learning how to kill a boss.

well that's the whole idea.. its a desolate, lonely and depressing place with few characters. It really sets a nightmareish and very unique tone.. a bit similar to shadow of the colossus, another masterpiece.

It's a very hard game until you level up and get good gear, exactly how i want RPG's to be, hate starting off as a demi-god.

I have to admit I'm surprised at the love for the game on here, it has almost zero character interaction other then fights. I thought it was ok I guess…hard to get into. I'm not into spending hours learning how to kill a boss.

DS is more than just combat.As Vurt said in few posts above it's one of most atmospheric games,dark and ruined world of DS where bad guys have won feels different than other games.There is also well written lore(usually found in item description),and very good level design and nice art style and well designed multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom