NWN2 NWN2 Launcher

Neverwinter Nights 2

Cormac

Sentinel
If I try to run the game with the NWN2launcher (the 'play' option at the main menu when you put the dvd in the tray) I get a failed to run message. To play I have to run the game with the NWN2.exe file. Has anyone else experienced this ? I have patched the game.

I am not sure that you and I have had the same error. I got the "failed to initialize" shield and some long number with a not inconsiderable number of 0s, and the game would not start. After doing several searches on the Neverwinter Nights 2 forums, I found that I needed to install Microsoft .NET Framework.

It is worth doing a search or two over at NWN2 forums.

I have some incredibly long load times before i can start the game from the launcher. I've got a feeling it is doing a CD check. It have even failed to start one time.

I know this isn't the same problem as you guys have, but i think that this is one of the game i really miss starforce checking the cd once a week. (Ops...).

That is also true for me - I immediately get the launcher, but afterclicking 'play' it takes a while before I get the Atari symbol ... but then it is all smooth and quick.

Well I tried again today with the launcher and clicking Play got me an Access violation message -- however the game ran nonetheless. WTF.

Haven't got the game yet, but I did have a LOT of hassles getting the toolset to work. I think most of my problems were because I'm running XP 64 on a dual core AMD system. Could this be related to your issues?

No, XP 32 and Penthium 4. It's annoying but at least it hasn't prevented me from playing the game. I'll try and see what I can find in the official boards, though.

Have you just setup a shortcut to the main EXE? I know older games that have launchers that don't work outside of Win95 work that way.

Mike: Yes, I did a shortcut, but as I said in my previous post, the launcher's Play option has worked lately, I just have to close the Access violation message window and the game runs.
Now I've had a look in the nwn2 boards and what I've found out -- besides the fact that I have an account with my old rpgdot username over there, I had completely forgotten -- is that I'm not alone with this problem. If I've understood correctly (and I probably didn't), the problem may be related to the newest nvidia driver in which a profile for the game has been set up but with only the nwn2.exe file binded to it, not all of them (or just the Main). There is a workaround to edit the profile using something called Nhancer but for now I'll wait and see if the next patch or a new driver won't fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom