The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

DDO down for Update 20 tomorrow, 11 Nov, 7-11am

It's official: Update 20 goes live tomorrow. Some trees will be reset, so you may want to make a screenshot of your existing ones to avoid trying to figure out what you had. & there was something about UI layouts & keyboard settings also getting reset to default, so you may want to back those up for all your toons.

Oops, so soon !?

I have November, 12, here right now, by the way. ;) (Continental Europe, that is.)

Oops, you're right, 12th, not 11th. World is up, though store is not, according to announcements (I'm still updating).

Looking at the notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-release-notes), they've fixed the lightning traps … YAY!!!

Some of the other changes:

"Some Epic traps were dealing Normal trap damage on Hard difficulty. These traps have been fixed." … so watch those traps … they're probably insta-kills now.

"Bags are no longer allowed in Guild Chests."

"The "Life Stealing" effect now functions as described on all items that it can appear on." … Per the Lammania forums discussions, when it was last changed the description was not updated, so they've now nerfed it to match the old description. I can't verify the history, I wasn't playing DDO then. I'll check how bad it is when I next play with my Shadar-kai iconic, as her daggers have it.

Important: Read the reincarnation section on the "Known Issues" page … there are some major bugs.

And, Arcane Archer core enhancements still don't work, & they have yet to acknowledge the issues with the capstone. Ah, well.

Yep, they held off from the standard Monday update because many in the US had a three day weekend due to Veterans Day.

All things considered, this update doesn't look too bad. The "tuning" of XP on numerous quests looks on-target. Some of those quests that were a bad investment by XP/time to run (Harpers 1 chain, for one) will be a little more appealing now.

They didn't appear to ghostbane anything about ghostbane this ghostbane. Ghostbane.

Yeah, the quest XP changes are good news, but ignoring the problems with the AA is a right royal PITA!!

Special note: Turbine appears to have botched the Raiders Box rollout. They intend to give every character a box when the next patch comes out. Soooo, everyone should log on to each toon and use their Raiders Box if they've got one. There might be a chance to double-dip here, but only if you use the first box soon.

Special note 2: the XP requirements for levelling have changed. If you weren't far into a level on a toon, you might not qualify for that level anymore. DDO isn't taking the level back, but you get an XP debt (basically you're in the hole) to pay off. Enhancements can be positively affected for higher (15-20) level toons since those XP requirements generally went down. Best to cycle thru each toon (which you were already doing ;) ) and see where you're at. Clean house a bit. Corwin, it's a golden opportunity to sell all those level 1 magic missle wands. CM, it's a golden opportunity to update those shamefully neglected spreadsheets.

Finally, a special request for short swords. I'm going to have 2 toons dual-wielding short swords in the not-so-distant future, and rumor has it Az and JM might be doing their own short sword builds. The auction house sucks rocks for short swords and naturally none of us will get them in loot. Please save what you get and drop them in the guild chest. Even crappy ones can be helpful, particularly lower level ones. Once we get to level 12, it won't be as big of a problem but until then iz gonna suck. Thanks, y'all.

Celestia is an awesome shortsword and can be picked from the raiders box. It's a caught in the web weapon and very sought after in CITW groups. Almost as hot as Pinion (the longbow).

The quest XP changes are good in total, but a challenge in mixed groups up to about level 13-14. The gap between first, second and third lifers will become bigger at that time. So trying to stay together will become a challenge.

The level required it very steep at the lowest levels for the third lifer so expect to repeat quests and do everything you can to keep up with first lifers.

Later it will become easier compared to before. So we need to plan for this on our next Friday group. Should third lifers have to get XP between the sessions or will the first and second lifers hold at the wall?

We will do as always, hold levels until all are even. If you have to eat xp then that is how it will have to be. That is the simplest way to handle it. If people have time to run makeup areas in between that will work, but some weeks that is not possible, so plan to mandate "no man left behind".

Celestia is an awesome shortsword and can be picked from the raiders box. It's a caught in the web weapon and very sought after in CITW groups. Almost as hot as Pinion (the longbow).
Good alignment only or 32UMD. Also not going to help for quite a while since it's ML23. Still, I did waver over taking Celestia anyway before taking the safe route with Pinion.

Later it will become easier compared to before. So we need to plan for this on our next Friday group. Should third lifers have to get XP between the sessions or will the first and second lifers hold at the wall?

We will do as always, hold levels until all are even. If you have to eat xp then that is how it will have to be. That is the simplest way to handle it. If people have time to run makeup areas in between that will work, but some weeks that is not possible, so plan to mandate "no man left behind".
I don't see where this really changes our approach. After all, the 3rd lifers are 3rd lifers because those folks generally play more than the rest of the group. I'll still try to designate some makeup areas as we go and we'll still have some level ranges where there's just too much content and people hit the ceiling. So it goes. Overall, I think it will actually be easier to keep people together since there's lots of content at the lower levels, giving us lots of potential catchup areas. It was usually the upper levels where things got tricky since there simply wasn't enough content to keep the 3rd lifers on track with the rest of the group. I do wish Turbine would come out with a new pack for lvl12-13, though.

One thing that will help me, tho, is if everyone posts their rank on their Friday toon (since y'all are already cycling thru all your toons anyway, right? ;) ) under the new XP system so I can get a feel for how much content I need to plan for us to hit. Actually, since we're all (I think) holding a level already it might be a little tough to determine our ranks. See what y'all can do and I'll figure out a plan B for this little adventure.

Special note: Turbine appears to have botched the Raiders Box rollout. They intend to give every character a box when the next patch comes out. Soooo, everyone should log on to each toon and use their Raiders Box if they've got one. There might be a chance to double-dip here, but only if you use the first box soon.

From the Patch Notes :

As an apology for the issues with Raid 20th completion reward lists during Update 19, a Raider's Reward Box should appear in your inventory if you meet one of the two prerequisites:

You completed a Raid on your current life. (excluding Chronoscope or Tempest Spine.)
You performed a True Reincarnation between updates U19 and 20.

Funny :

The letter you receive for reaching Harper Scout favor status no longer contains DNT text.

The Gianthold saga NPCs have filed paperwork for new, better names. (Infernys is now known as Tiragonis and Prooj is now known as Paddrog.

Kobolds have been updated to look and behave better!

Not-so-funny, at least for the Vampires :

Vampires no longer die in a cloud of bats, so you can tell the difference between death and phasing. They instead burn up like the fire fatality.

And for those who get there :

On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing.

From the Patch Notes :
Not quite. If you look at the info window in the log-on screen, the U20 patch did not roll out the Raiders Boxes properly. Everyone will get (another) box whenever U20.1 goes live..

Klubbir is a little bit into rank 62 (working on 2nd rank of 13) after the XP adjustment. She's holding 13 until we complete Threnal, of course.

Lyahnna is at the wall (as usual) at rank 66. She was 2/3 of the way through rank 65 prior to the update.

Not quite. If you look at the info window in the log-on screen, the U20 patch did not roll out the Raiders Boxes properly. Everyone will get (another) box whenever U20.1 goes live..

Okay, because I didn't properly log in after the patch so far ...

Kerri is at 63 with little left to go on current rank.

Back
Top Bottom