OJ Pistorius gets away with murder

People are interested because he's an athlete so in their way people feel like they know him. Just like I'd be slightly piqued in interest if the grandson of Colonel Sanders was arrested for bank robbing - not relevant to me personally but still an interesting tale. Which is what the news brings when it's not busy propagandizing you. Mystery solved.

2- Some posters here seems to be under the false impression that law=justice.

I think that statement wholes true to most of the people in the world. That is why they are so OUTRAGED when they don't think justice is severed.

In the balance of law and order versus freedom there must be causalities i.e. those wrongly convicted. Unfortunately our legal systems tends to err in favour of the accused rather that those of the victim. Personally I would find it easier to sleep at night knowing that there are people in jail who don't deserve to be there than there are criminals who are at large and likely to offend again.

Was the judge there? What you said eliminates all legal system.

The difference is that the judge has a job that involves making a decision based on limited information, which will directly affect entire lives of some people. A smart judge knows that he'll be making mistakes and will never know the entire truth, which should make him very careful when condemning strangers.

We don't have that job, and some people here seem to think themselves incapable of making such mistakes.

I'm thankful those people are not judges.

Personally I would find it easier to sleep at night knowing that there are people in jail who don't deserve to be there than there are criminals who are at large and likely to offend again.

Even if one of those people in jail was you?

Pibbur

In the balance of law and order versus freedom there must be causalities i.e. those wrongly convicted. Unfortunately our legal systems tends to err in favour of the accused rather that those of the victim. Personally I would find it easier to sleep at night knowing that there are people in jail who don't deserve to be there than there are criminals who are at large and likely to offend again.

I disagree. What if you are the casualty? If i have 3 suspects and one of them is guilty, do we put them all 3 in jail just in case?

The difference is that the judge has a job that involves making a decision based on limited information, which will directly affect entire lives of some people. A smart judge knows that he'll be making mistakes and will never know the entire truth, which should make him very careful when condemning strangers.

We don't have that job, and some people here seem to think themselves incapable of making such mistakes.

That is a very uplifting way to look at it, though I guess I see it more in a bleak way. There is way to much money involved, political agenda's etc in the court systems.

Lets face it, it is big business.

Exactly because judges are humans, have limited information and will be making mistakes(and sometimes on purpose) i do have second thoughts about this case, based on my limited information.

I think this case was awkward because he is disabled, and something of a hero for his athletic achievements despite that. It seems though that he had a temper on him, and a fondness for guns, so something was bound to go wrong at some point. I still don't know if he was that afraid of crime that he woudl behave as he did i.e. irrationally and end up shooting someone in that way…but as a resident of this country (with its sky-high crime including violent and sometimes deadly house robberies, esp in that part of the country) , I don't think it's as implausible as some who life in relatively safe parts of the world may think. I do think that he intended to take out whoever was in the bathroom, even if it meant killing them. Whether he knew it was Reeva or not, or whether he was in complete control of his faculties at that time, I don't know. I don't think we'll ever know. Pity polygraph's are not admissible or reliable.

Hey Boo, why don't you have juries in your country for murder trials?

The Codex just called.. they're short a troll for the weekend. They need you back there as soon as possible.

Out of curiosity, after all the talk last two weeks about the "future of the watch" and "quality of discussion" and "encouraging active members" etc etc. The best we can do with a one-sided discussion is tell him the Codex is missing a troll?

I'm ashamed.

Out of curiosity, after all the talk last two weeks about the "future of the watch" and "quality of discussion" and "encouraging active members" etc etc. The best we can do with a one-sided discussion is tell him the Codex is missing a troll?

I'm ashamed.

I have been using the internet since before it was the internet as most know it. Not sure where this "Troll" term came from, though I take it, it was the best way to call people that just say negative things.

As I see it the term "Troll" or "Fanboy" are thrown around just as much as the posters that fall under these terms.

Anyways back to this thread....

Is this on the topic of the thread, I am not sure but here it goes.

I have a gun, 50,000 in cash and 2 kilo's of coke. I get pulled over and the police find it. Dam they are dumb, I have lots of money and 5 good lawyers that I pay a lot.

They didn't read me my rights correctly so you know what ---"fuck your families" I will be selling my product to your mother, brother, best friend even your children before you know it.

Trust me, the above isn't something I read in the papers. It is someone I know personally, not by choice but still know them.

To think this OJ person couldn't get off charges is or wasn't going to get off most of this is naïve.

Though the movie is only okay one of the best quotes about the sheep of the world came from it.

"The Joker: It’s the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and uh, look where that got you. I just did what I do best. I took your plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did, to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hm? You know what, you know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that like a gang banger, will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all, part of the plan. But when I say that one, little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! "

In Belgium the Aquino family is on trial (mafia) for big scale drug smuggling and more. It took years of investigating to come to this point

Now, They paid bail with billions of drug money. Were forbidden to see each other but still held parties together. They hired the 5 most expensive lawyers (with the drugs money) who now say the investigators made a lot of mistakes and all the evidence is void.

Why can they still use that illegal money? Their guilt is without a doubt and those lawyers know there is blood on the money they receive. The lawyers are well known (respected?) Btw.

Don't know if this is on topic. But thought of it reading the above post.

I guess, that when (hopefully not "if") they're sentenced, the money will be confiscated. But before that, I guess they can't be legally prohibited from using it.

Don't know how it's in Belgium, but couldn't they be held in custody, without the option to bail out?

pibbur who observes that in the land of pibburs, we don't have the bail option, which he, in the light of this, thinks is a good thing.

Hey Boo, why don't you have juries in your country for murder trials?

I have no idea - supposedly this comes from Roman-Dutch law? I think in this case the judge had a panel of assessors that supposedly helped formulate the final verdict (?). In general, a judge is expected to weigh all the evidence and come up with a final judgment. A lot of responsibility...

I have a gun, 50,000 in cash and 2 kilo's of coke. I get pulled over and the police find it. Dam they are dumb, I have lots of money and 5 good lawyers that I pay a lot.
They didn't read me my rights correctly so you know what —-"fuck your families" I will be selling my product to your mother, brother, best friend even your children before you know it.
In this case (as in the case of OJ Simpson) police screwed up which allowed their highly payed lawyers to get both of them off. Can't really blame the justice system can you?
Still, OJ is serving a long term prison sentence now and I wouldn't be surprised if your acquaintance will not end up in prison sooner or later.

Thankfully the principles of justice err on the less psychotic side.

Your stance is completely incompatible with the presumption of innocence, and any legal system not based on that foundation is one I would hesitate to call a legal system at all.

Blackstone said:
"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"
On the other hand, your side features such luminaries as Pol Pot and Bismarck, so I suppose it's not without its supporters.

Sentencing is ongoing. Pistorius's team is arguing he should be sentenced with house arrest and no prison time, because SA prisons are too harsh and he would be in danger of GANG RAPE (yes this was actually stated & argued out loud as a reason for not putting him in prison)

If only he had committed his crime in Norway, then he could have had a cell that rivals 5 star hotels in most countries. (would be 7 star but they only have playstation 2's instead of 4's)

Furthermore, it appears Reeva was sending money to her folks when she was alive. When she died pissy started giving her family 600 bucks a month, which they actually accepted. He also appears to have nearly run out of money...wow. How the fuck is that possible? He must have squirreled it away, but why?

Back
Top Bottom