Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls Rumours

I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it :D

Needless to say, I hope this rumor comes to fruition. I do hope that they make two totally seperate interfaces for the game though. I really don't want to see TESMMO. If that's the "secret", I'll be as mad as the Oblivion bashers.

haha, You made me laugh ( a good thing).
Iam so excited... hilerious!

Although Oblivion was a of let down compared to Morrowind I too cross my fingers that TES V is forthcoming.

Yep same here. Looking forward to it, unless its streamlined for the masses and simpletons. (read: take my hand and i will guide you through the game).

I wouldn't mind more lore in the new game too. Oblivion stepped back from that a little bit. I'd also root for deeper factions, similar to Morrowind. To me, Morrowind was just ugly and it made the game less enjoyable. I'm not talking about graphics, but artwork. I didn't like the whole insectoid/alien look to most of the landscape and creatures. I'd honestly accept Qarl's level of graphic detail in the same Gamebryo engine with no complaints.

I wouldn't mind more lore in the new game too. Oblivion stepped back from that a little bit. I'd also root for deeper factions, similar to Morrowind. To me, Morrowind was just ugly and it made the game less enjoyable. I'm not talking about graphics, but artwork. I didn't like the whole insectoid/alien look to most of the landscape and creatures.

Yes, Oblivion was a huge step back when it came to the lore, the landscape as well, which they made incredible generic. Morrowind had a wonderful, dark, partially alien world (but not so much that you couldn't identify with it). I still think it's one of the best balanced games to date when it comes to a varied, beautiful but also dark landscape, it really felt like visiting other countries and cultures, the game felt huge too with all the little islands and stuff.. The complete opposite of Oblivion.

I'd honestly accept Qarl's level of graphic detail in the same Gamebryo engine with no complaints.

Don't know about that.. His textures are of much higher resolution, but it doesnt look like he has spent much time looking at the textures as a whole, how they look/fit together. He has used a lot of different sources for them, in different lightning conditions etc, looks really amateurish at times. I'll easily trade him for Connary (Morrowind texture maker) ;)

Although Oblivion was a let down compared to Morrowind I too cross my fingers that TES V is forthcoming.

My thoughts exactly. Despite Oblivion being a bit disappointing, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they can do with TES V.

I'm curious to see what kind of changes they make due to fan feedback from Oblivion.

I have seen there are two novels out there about the TES universe ...
Has anyone read them yet ? Are they good or bad ?

My thoughts exactly. Despite Oblivion being a bit disappointing, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they can do with TES V.

I'm curious to see what kind of changes they make due to fan feedback from Oblivion.

My #1 Wish: eliminate the level scaling nonsense.

I wish they eliminated the nonsense, but level scaling itself has been in the series since Daggerfall at least (don't remember enough about Arena), where it was OK-ish.

Hello? Zenimax has its own separate studio for the MMO stuff. So even if they do announce an MMO, it will not have much to do with the Bethsoft people that develop the SP games. I thought you guys would know this by now. A TES V announcment is possible at this time, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Correct and agreed. I wouldn't think Famitsu would pick this up but noone else. Also, in my experience, publishers say they have a reveal when they book for E3. Obviously we're at the very, very, very low end of the scale but Bethsoft's E3 invitation to us gave no hints of anything new.

That said, I've no doubt there will be a TESV at some point.

As much as I look forward to another Elder Scrolls I really don't want to listen to the haters for another 5 freakin years.

@Anderson

You know, even Morrowind had this. In fact, it was this feature that I most initially disliked about Morrowind (Todd can atest to it. ;)) . But it was lighter and more limited than Oblivion's, so not so irritating.

Daggerfall though… My gosh encounters with ancient liches in a second dungeon spelled almost instant death. A definite run away moment (which I don't mind).

The level scaling in Morrowind was very limited compared to Oblivion, and was barely noticeable in most cases.

They took the scaling to an extreme with Oblivion, but I'm confident they're not going to implement it so heavily in the next game. They already scaled it back quite a bit in Fallout 3.

Hah! Barely noticeable? It is VERY noticeable when monsters that didn't exist before started popping up. And, BTW, they were deadly against a weak mage character. But I got over it. ;)

I wish they eliminated the nonsense, but level scaling itself has been in the series since Daggerfall at least (don't remember enough about Arena), where it was OK-ish.

Oh, I didn't notice it in Morrowind. Put it back to Morrowind-type level scaling, then.

They already scaled it back quite a bit in Fallout 3.

Yeah, that's reassuring.

It is VERY noticeable when monsters that didn't exist before started popping up. And, BTW, they were deadly against a weak mage character. But I got over it. ;)

That's not the same kind of level scaling that I'm refering to. I'd much rather have new monsters popping up than always have everything being the exact same level as my character.

I am hoping for a new TES both for gaming and for trolling reasons.
I can not wait going to their forums and post "YOU LIE" under every dev's post quoting their lies from OB .

pay back time is closing ?

You do that. And I'll punch you yelling: WHY NOT JUST STAY AWAY IF YOU HAT'EM SO MUCH!

And given that it will take at least 2 years before the game comes out.... YAY!!

I say we have 2 good years to flame Benthesa! :)

I can't wait to read all those cool interviews where Todd Howard and his lackey Pete tell us why traditional rpg gaming is dead and why they are designing TES V to larger audience like Fable series. And why we must adapt to new ways of roleplaying instead of constantly whining about "unbalanced gameplay, lack of choise&consequence, weak presentation of lore, linear storytelling or stupid AI."

Oh and I'm so hyped to hear about their Radiant A.I v2. And whom of the famous hollywood actors they hired this time. I'm personally hoping for Russel Crow. I know he doesn't come cheap but what the hell better use that money on 5 minutes of voice acting than extra feautures.

Back
Top Bottom