Bound By Flame - Combat Demo Video #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Focus Interactive released the second combat video to a few select websites. I managed to find it on the Playstation Blog, and not the games main website.

This video is brand new and 100% pure gameplay—no special effect, no cutscene--and should give you a little bit of a taste of the combat, before we release an epic combat trailer that covers all the combat mechanics and fighting styles. You'll catch a sample of the possibilities Bound by Flame offers in combat: Stealth, crossbow, fireballs, dual wield daggers, two-handed axe and hammer.
More information.

I haven't seen the ability to roll in either combat video. Is that not possible?

It was pretty much essential in mars war logs and would possibly be a deal breaker for me if it's omitted.

Why? There is dodge / jump away. Probably instead of rolling.

Just personal preference. After playing games like dark souls, witcher 2, mars war log, etc. I've really gotten used to it and I always play a thief/ assassin type so if fits my play style well. It's also the best method for creating separation which is vital when wear light armor.

Not being able to roll was a very annoying negative for me in skyrim. Especially since I dual wielded and couldn't roll or block. I played skyrim for the exploration though not the combat so I tolerated it. I don't think this game will have that kind of exploration.

Besides mars war logs had roll and this combat seems very similar if not based on the same thing so I don't understand why it wouldn't have roll.

Last but not least this game is released at a time when many other games will be competing for my time so not having roll will tip the scales in favor of other games.

Looks good, but so far every video I've seen of this game has been about combat. I'd like to see some other aspects.

Looks good, but so far every video I've seen of this game has been about combat. I'd like to see some other aspects.

Two things that reviewers praised in Mars: War Logs: the combat and crafting, and that is why Spiders are building on and focusing on these. This is unfortunate since they are very good writers and game designers as well.

Regarding the combat, I too prefer roll-dodge. But from looking at these gameplay videos, the side parrying or dashing seems well done and there don't seem to be a need for rolling. Moreover, there are kicks and jump kicks for closing the distance to enemies voiding the need for rolling.

I second this! :)

Back
Top Bottom