Dishonored, a new game by Arkane Studios

They just look like it to me, and it's common practice in pre-release advertising. I could be wrong though.

Your right many developers do it all the time on screenshots. I myself don't know what to make of the game either. On one hand it sounds good but the art style turns me off as blocky and cartoonish.

Gameplay Trailer - love it! This song is stuck in my head now.

Who is the little girl featured so prominently in the trailer? Corvo's daughter, perhaps?

Last edited:
The witcher 2 called, it wants it's intro story back….

You mean because of being framed for the King's murder? In this case, Corvo was the lover of the Empress, and he fathered a daughter with her, so it is a rather different take on that trope. (Not to mention the fact that the gameplay revolves around assassination targets.)

Incidentally, it seems the tarot cards pre order item was also designed by Arkane:

"This is a 78 cards deck that doesn't match usual divinatory decks because we envisioned it as a typical deck from the alternate world of Dunwall. All artworks are original and were created by Arkane; there's even a rules set for an original game called "The Game of Nancy" in the box. "

I thought the gameplay demo looks really promising. I also was glad to hear that a non-violent approach is viable. If reviews are good as well, this is now a sure buy for me.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear them claim that it's possible to go through the entire game without killing anyone.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned it the first time they presented the game, at least, they did say that killing or not killing a target will have an impact. Which mean that you always have a choice to kill or not.

Although, not killing their guards and house keepers might be a sensible thing to do...

I thought the gameplay demo looks really promising. I also was glad to hear that a non-violent approach is viable. If reviews are good as well, this is now a sure buy for me.

Ditto. Non-violent approach just changed this from being a pure assassin game to something more interesting. I am now officially interested.... again. May pre-order even. ;)

Yeah, I was surprised to hear them claim that it's possible to go through the entire game without killing anyone.

That was actually a feature they talked about, somewhat cryptically, when the game was first announced in July of last year.

Dishonored is the antithesis of a edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride. It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

They did another demo today:

GTTV Dishonored E3 Demo

It's cool to see how this is the same mission from yesterday, but a totally different approach to enter the building.

You liked possessing a rat yesterday?

Well, get ready to possess a fish!:p

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new or not, but I just stumbled across a YT video for Dishonored "Creative Kills":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4VBHFHLvXY

Nice, not only can you possess a rat, but you can strap a razor trap onto his back?

Possessing enemies and making them shoot themselves looks like fun as well

Anyone catch the QuakeCon panels these guys did about Looking Glass and "The Game of Making Games"?

http://youtu.be/U1zTTNBwZiY?hd=1

http://youtu.be/XWBXZc1mEas?hd=1

Back
Top Bottom