Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #82

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian Entertainment has released the next update for Pillars of Eternity with more information on the games creatures, and the release of the games beta.

Creatures

Update by Rose Gomez, Associate Producer

Hello backers! In today's update, we'd like to show off a few of our creatures that you might have heard us talk about in previous updates. With the end of production getting closer every day, we have some news about our backer updates, and we’re also pleased to announce a date for the upcoming Backer Beta! In our next update, we’ll get into more detail about that.

Update Schedule

Hey, everyone. Brandon here. With production moving into the finalization phase for Eternity, the team and I are hunkering down to finish up the game over the next few months. Going forward, we will be spacing out our backer updates a bit more from now until the project ships. They’ll come a bit less predictably, but you can still expect updates as we have big announcements or special news for you. This will really help us focus as much of our efforts into putting out the best game we possibly can for everyone.

In our next big update, we will discuss the upcoming Backer Beta in more detail as well as what it will entail and how to redeem your copy.

Speaking of the Backer Beta...

Backer Beta

We will be releasing our Backer Beta on August 18th. As we mentioned above, we will get into all of the specifics about the Backer Beta in our next update. Be on the lookout for it over the next month.
More information.

I have high hopes for this game since it's pretty much exactly what I want in a CRPG, especially if it ends up like IWD (since I loved those games) and I'm fine if it's more like BG - and I'm perfectly fine with no romance nonsense in it since that stuff is idiotic.

But I have to say that the footage and commentary they've put out so far is so bland and uninteresting that it's kind of worrisome. Surely they can come up with something better.

Why hold back or hide what you're doing? Those days are LONG gone. Divinity was open for all to see for a long time while still in development and Larian says this helped them make a better game. The same could be said for Wasteland 2. And so many others. Get this sucker out in the open already. Your game was funded by the community - so show it off and get some feedback already.

Wasteland 2 being out in the open hasn't helped much in the blandness department, though.

You can't just conjure up passion, talent and vision by being open about the lack of it.

Speaking of which, how's Wasteland 2 doing? It's been rather quiet recently.

Back
Top Bottom