Din's Curse - Gameplay Overview Video

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone! In this video I take a look at the hack n' slash action-RPG, Din's Curse! I give an overview of the gameplay elements and go over what to expect when you play the game.

Hello! Thank you for joining me for today's video. In this episode, I take a look at the indie, hack n' slash action-RPG by Soldak Entertainment, Din's Curse!

During this video I show off and talk about the various aspects that make up the game, from the hacking and slashing of monsters to the inventory system and the character stats and skills. No stone is left unturned! :)

I hope you enjoy the video! If you do, please press the Like button, leave me a comment letting me know what you think, subscribe to my channel for more RPG videos and share this video everywhere you go!

If you'd like to really help me out, please check out my Patreon page! - http://www.patreon.com/fluent

More links:

Din's Curse on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/217...

Din's Curse Demon War DLC on Steam -
http://store.steampowered.com/app/217...

Soldak Entertainment's website - http://www.soldak.com/

RPGWatch - http://www.rpgwatch.com

Thanks for watching and much love to you all! Ciao!
So, what do you think of this game?

More information.

This game is a pretty fun Diablo-style hack n' slash game, with some unique elements that I show off in the video.

Has anyone here played it? If so, what do you think of it? o_O

P.S. Thanks to Steven Peeler for the game keys and Couchpotato himself for covering Soldak on the site! I'm now hip to these guys. :cool:

I´ve played it two years ago without Demon Wars DLC. I think it´s very fun and easy to get, good for casual gamers but good too if you are more hardcore player. Solid and well programmed product.
Cons i found are:
-It gets iterative after 20 hours or so. (But I feel exactly the same with Diablo 3.)
-I don´t like when your city is attacked and you must go as fast as possible to defend it. Very stressing for me.
A decent and nice passtime title.

It seems like we have similar tastes in games, Fluent. Thanks for another good playthrough video. I played through this twice, once as a thief (who can pick locked chests) and once as a custom class with the druid "tree" from ranger and the healing "tree" from cleric. I really liked the character mechanics and the evolving world. I also like how you're kind of thrown into the world and have to figure out how things work (like what an evil pool does, or that whey regenerates mana while food regnerates health.) The weak points is that the procedural world sort of shuts out a strong story, and that the dungeons and towns are artistically sort of generic. Still I'd definately like to playthrough again some day if my backlog ever clears up.

When it first came out, it had really annoying graphical glitches preventing me from interacting and reading stuff on the character screen. Plus I really didn't like the gaudy graphics design, so I never gave it much of a chance.

It seems like we have similar tastes in games, Fluent. Thanks for another good playthrough video. I played through this twice, once as a thief (who can pick locked chests) and once as a custom class with the druid "tree" from ranger and the healing "tree" from cleric. I really liked the character mechanics and the evolving world. I also like how you're kind of thrown into the world and have to figure out how things work (like what an evil pool does, or that whey regenerates mana while food regnerates health.) The weak points is that the procedural world sort of shuts out a strong story, and that the dungeons and towns are artistically sort of generic. Still I'd definately like to playthrough again some day if my backlog ever clears up.

You're welcome for the video. Yeah, I like the evolving world as well. It really makes it a unique game that I haven't seen much of it's kind in other games.

Druid/Healing seems like an interesting build. I'm thinking about a Ranger/Archer type, maybe with a little Druid thrown in as well.

When it first came out, it had really annoying graphical glitches preventing me from interacting and reading stuff on the character screen. Plus I really didn't like the gaudy graphics design, so I never gave it much of a chance.

I haven't seen any glitches yet. Not sure what you mean by the gaudy graphics, I think it looks pretty cool. Not the biggest budget graphics you'll find, but cool looking. I think you'd like it though since you seem to like Diablo-style RPGs. It's got some good things going for it that you might like. :)

To be honest, I wasn't into the graphics when I saw them in videos. I actually thought they were poor. But once I have played it a bit, they grew on me. :)

Not perfect graphics, but capable, and I quite enjoy the monster designs and the look of the dungeons so far.

How much did you play of it, Thrasher? :thinking:

Interesting. Well like I said, I thought the graphics weren't too good in the videos I watched for it, but once I played the game they grew on me. Maybe you should give it a spin past character creation and check it out sometime. :)

It's got those Rare/Legendary/Ancient artifacts in the loot system that I know you love, too. ;)

Really fun game with some unique game mechanics. Anyone who enjoys the DIABLO and TORCHLIGHT series should enjoy DIN'S CURSE.

You're welcome for the video. Yeah, I like the evolving world as well. It really makes it a unique game that I haven't seen much of it's kind in other games.

Druid/Healing seems like an interesting build. I'm thinking about a Ranger/Archer type, maybe with a little Druid thrown in as well.

I was trying to play as a shape changer and honestly it wasn't that good. I think it might have worked better in retrospect with the warrior defence tree instead of healing. Unfortunately how good your build is usually only becomes apparent after you've freed the third town or so (when you're about half way through).

@Thrasher, Good to hear! I do think you'll enjoy it. :)

@forgottenlor, Shapeshifter + warrior tree sounds like more of a damage-dealing way to go. I take it you selected a hybrid character to gain access to all of these different trees? Right now I started as a Ranger I believe, and just have the Archer/Ranger/Druid trees.

My current strategy is to start building up my Eagle Eye passive, which allows for attacks to hit more and do crits more often. I always like that sort of crit multiplier when I play Rangers in RPGs, so I'm glad that's in the game. :)

@Thrasher, Good to hear! I do think you'll enjoy it. :)

@forgottenlor, Shapeshifter + warrior tree sounds like more of a damage-dealing way to go. I take it you selected a hybrid character to gain access to all of these different trees? Right now I started as a Ranger I believe, and just have the Archer/Ranger/Druid trees.

Yeah I wanted to try out shapeshifting, but didn't think the other ranger trees really supported it, and I learned when playing the thief that healing isn't bad. Its just you can't heal while shapeshifted and I found I was probably more effective not shapeshifted, but instead healing myself and staying in human form. This made me wonder if a lot of the passive defense abilities and the improved armor from the warrior defense tree would still apply while shapeshifted. In any case if I played again I'd try something totally different, maybe a sorcerer, or hybrid warrior.

Yeah I wanted to try out shapeshifting, but didn't think the other ranger trees really supported it, and I learned when playing the thief that healing isn't bad. Its just you can't heal while shapeshifted and I found I was probably more effective not shapeshifted, but instead healing myself and staying in human form. This made me wonder if a lot of the passive defense abilities and the improved armor from the warrior defense tree would still apply while shapeshifted. In any case if I played again I'd try something totally different, maybe a sorcerer, or hybrid warrior.

Very cool. I usually play Rangers in my RPGs and I was intrigued with using ranged attacks. I was playing blind so I didn't really know any better, either. :) Ranged so far seems to be really effective, but I'm not that deep into the game yet. I did want to try shapeshifting but since I'm focused on ranged I don't think that would be a good idea, unless for perhaps times where I need to melee larger groups of enemies. I don't want to destroy my build too much. :)

My personal experience with Din's Curse is similar to my experience with many games: loved the demo, bought the game, but never played again due to my huge backlog and lack of time to play.

I now buy every Soldak and Spiderweb games without even trying the demos. I know I'm going to like them. :D

I like Din's Curse attempt at procedural generated content. Difficulty for levels 25+ also helps to make things interesting. There is always a chance things will get way out of control.

@Gilliat, I'm a fan of Soldak as well now. Big fan of Spiderweb, too. Love me some indie RPGs. :)

Fluent, your video inspired me to install my GOG copy. I'm a big fan of Diablo, Torchlight and Titan Quest. I found the "save the town" mechanic and the timed quests very compelling and couldn't stop playing until I had saved my first town. I was playing on normal and it was too easy, so I hope the next town will be harder. Biggest downside is the clunky graphics, and the crowded screen when there's lots of loot. I turn off item names so I can actually hit the monsters. I'm not sure of the lasting appeal of this game as it could get repetitive, but so far it was great.

Back
Top Bottom