Dragon Age: Inquisition - Inquisitor & Followers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware released another trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition this week that gives us a look at the games Inquisitor, and various followers that will join you.

What kind of hero will you be? As leader of the Inquisition, your decisions not only shape your journey, but that of your followers as well. Join us for a closer look at the Inquisitor and a trio of the Inquisition’s followers. Each character has a reason for joining the Inquisition, and each bring their unique talents to the fight. Learn more about them in our latest video.
More information.

Not sure I like Iron Bull… Reminds me of Dragon Age's version of James Vega.

Well he is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. who also did the voice of James Vega in Mass Effect 3. I guess the man is typecasted with the same characters he always voices.

Well he is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. who also did the voice of James Vega in Mass Effect 3. I guess the man is typecasted with the same characters he always voices.

I wouldn't call him type cast just because his two video games characters have a lots of muscles (his animated movies characters do not). From what I know of Iron Bull, he's not the same type of character has James Vega.

I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you, but I have no interest in his character. I also find the the other cast members more interesting than him right now.

Who knows he may surprise me when I finally play the game in November.

Update :It probably has to with just hearing his voice as I hated his movies when I was younger. Yet my girlfriend loved watching his romantic comedies/horror movies.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Your opinion doesn't bother me, I just don't see anything in common between Iron Bull and James Vega beside the muscles, so I don't think it is "typecasting" (which is casting an actor for the same type of role)

I'm not a fan of Iron Bull either. People who drink and eat themselves sick for fun and sleep with everything are not something I find interesting.

I'm sorry, but those characters all seem pretty cliche to me. I'm even less interested in the game now after seeing that.

My thoughts exactly. A few cherry picked short dialogs with meaning will by necessity be cliche. We'll see if the NPCs are deeper than a few one liners and summary descriptions.

Poor way of showing of Bioware's strength, in any case. The release campaigners should be sent to the showers. ;)

I don't think that the personalities of a dozen characters can be transported in a 3-minute-video. (I haven't watched it though.) And I think that exploring companion's personality is something that you need to do by yourself. At least for me reviews don't do here.

It's not just the chosen dialogue. It's the voice acting and personalities as well. I'm just not liking what I've seen so far at all.

Sounds like the usual nauseating teenage stuff that Bioware writing has become. Well, except it sounds even worse than DA2 and ME3 dialogue - and that's saying something.

I don't know why they think this, extremely out of place, modern in-your-face one-liner crap is appealing, but maybe I'm just too old for their edgy and boldly cliché characters?

Not entirely sure what happened, but it was never this bad. The writing was much better in DA:O and ME1 - even if both games still had plenty of clichés.

We can hope these segments are just really poor choices meant to market the game to hormone-driven kids, but I have a feeling we're going to get another DA2 where the dialogue is concerned.

The good news, they are all optional. The bad news, BioWare doesn't make characters so everyone likes them.

These three are supposed to sound sophomoric going by their character profile. Especially, Sera who is described has being bratty. I know some people on the BSN who are in love with these 3 especially because they are immature YOLO personalities.

Gimme Vivienne, Cassandra, Solas and Blackwall please.

Gimme Vivienne, Cassandra, Solas and Blackwall please.
That's the same party members I was thinking of using during my adventure. To bad you can't use Leliana as a party member, but I understand as she is an adviser.
Only a few more weeks to go I can't wait to play the game.
smiley-happy057.gif

Maybe I am use to party members that join you to help you in your quests adding their skills not their personal blabber. It would seem to me that their are marketing this game to a much younger button pushing generation.
After seeing this I will be deeply involved in playing Lords of Xuliam if it is released on time.

I am not at all a fan of bits like this to reveal character or story information. So I don't even watch any of these promo pre-game videos, they aren't interesting and they can often portray a game in a bad light.

I enjoy seeing gameplay in pre-game promo videos, though.

I don't like what I saw…. at all. They decided to pick the 3 characters that I was least interested in and gosh, their voice acting is so terrible!! And the dialogues. It just come across so childishly dramatic…. screaming out IMMATURE.

Yep, most likely not playing this game, bargain bin at the best if the Watchers say it's decent enough to play through once.

Back
Top Bottom