Drakensang Asking for help (starter zone)

Krokie

Watcher
Hey folks,

First of all it's nice to see a forum that chit/chats about Drakensang as I can't see
a way to get on the official forums (that original site loads so slooow).

So for my questions, I have 2 unfinished quests in the starter area:
1. I need to find a parcel for a not so honest tradesman (with some tongues in it)
2. I have the note out of the chest in the mill cellar area.
The fact is i don't see any interrogation (spelling) mark anymore on my map, so for
question 1 I don't know where to look (ran my map over and over again).
For question 2, whom do I give the last note, Raluk (spelling) seems to be gone from his normal spot. I did complete the diadem quest tho.

I can move to the next area but before I leave I would like to be sure I didn't miss out on any quests!

Another question about the professions; does there exists a trainer to learn the leatherworker prof. (I've found the alchemist, BS and Bower so far) because I seem to get a lot of hides when using the animal lore (wolf and some boar ones) which normally could be used in the making of leather armor I suppose or are they just vendoring items.

All in all I have to say I like the game, however I was that far away from uninstalling it after having died numerous times ingame already. It takes some time to get used to controlling all your characters and pausing between each special attack (Baldur's Gate FTW :) )

Tnx in advance for the replies.

1. I need to find a parcel for a not so honest tradesman (with some tongues in it)
It lies on the ground next to a wagon of a guy called Brauwin something. In the general area of the blacksmith etc.

2. I have the note out of the chest in the mill cellar area.
You'll get to turn it in somewhere in Ferdok.

Another question about the professions; does there exists a trainer to learn the leatherworker prof. (I've found the alchemist, BS and Bower so far) because I seem to get a lot of hides when using the animal lore (wolf and some boar ones)
You can sell the hides I think. Most other things like leather straps are used in lots of recipes by the other professions.

Just look at the items (right click and click on the eye). If they can be used for alchemy, blacksmith or bows (the only 3 professions in the game) it'll say so. Pelts and other stuff are just for sell.

I'm surprised that you mentioned you've died many times in the game. I actually thought it was too easy in the beginning (until I found mother rat that is). It's easy really, just select everybody (the dashed square to the bottom right of the screen) and select a target, have them all attack the same target. Try not to get your back to the enemy (attacks from behind can't be parried). Max one weapon skill per character (or two for those with ranged attacks like the amazon) and don't touch the others, etc. The combat is really not hard except for some boss fights.
For bosses, each one is different, but usually you want to 'debuff' them.
Another thing, raise willpower once in a while, it's the stat that will determine if you get a wound when you get hit, and wounds hurt (-2 to everything cumulative and you die when you get 5).

Well, about the dying... if you played WoW as only game during the last
months (years) it's easy to loose the grip on other games :)
It took me some time to get the hang on it but now I'm using
my oldschool BG2 tactics and it works fairly well so far.

I've read about the wounds and other things in the manual, however I didn't find any trainers to teach me the special skills (lunge skill for the thief) so far. Hopefully I will find those in Ferdok.

Well, about the dying... if you played WoW as only game during the last
months (years) it's easy to loose the grip on other games :)
It took me some time to get the hang on it but now I'm using
my oldschool BG2 tactics and it works fairly well so far.

I've read about the wounds and other things in the manual, however I didn't find any trainers to teach me the special skills (lunge skill for the thief) so far. Hopefully I will find those in Ferdok.

No, I meant willpower to *not* get wounds yourself. You won't be doing wounds on enemies for a while, but you certainly don't want to get wounded. Willpower will lower the chance to get yourself wounded.

Lots of trainers in Ferdok and the game begins to open up there, so be patient. :)

Back
Top Bottom