RPGWatch Contest - Krabat and the Legend of the Satanic Mill

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm quite surprised they hired such a high calibre cast for a fantasy movie.

I've received feedback that indeed the DVD contains the original German language next to the dubbed English language.

Book was very good, when I read it. The movie was not so good. But mayby that's because I was 15 when reading the book and when I saw the movie I was 27.

Sounds very interesting and would love a chance at it :)

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm quite surprised they hired such a high calibre cast for a fantasy movie.
I was really surprised by the quality. There was only one passage in the original german version I was annoyed by bad voice acting of the main character. But for the rest of the film it was very well done. Quite astonishing for a german movie not covering the WW2 topic. ;)

I appreciated the mature setting and that it does not pick to much on obvious moral aspects, though its story is clearly about good/evil. It retains the spirit of the original Grimm's Fairy Tales and middle european myths (not the Disney candy world mutilations, actually it is based on a Sorbian myth).

It looks interesting. I've ordered the movie from Play.com (don't have much hope of winning the competition).

Hmm, this was one of my favorite children's books (*checks* - yup, still have it). Which probably means that the film will disappoint.

The contest is closed, stay tuned to find out about the winners.

Six winners have been selected using a random number generator and have been contacted. They have 48 hours to respond.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom