Graywalkers - Back On Track Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dreamlords Digital posted another kickstarter update after a few weeks of silence with news about the development of their funded game Graywalkers: Purgatory.

Hello everybody! Hope everybody is well. We just wanted to do a short update so you guys know what's been happening.

1. Unfortunately, we still haven't gotten the funds from Amazon. For some reason, they are holding it and been giving some weird reasons like it wasn't approved (yet they approved it before and even already deducted the funds for themselves and for kickstarter). Honestly, at this point, we're very frustrated with the way it's been going with them. They gave us some steps to fulfill and we're trying to fulfill those again just to facilitate it. They said, worst case scenario they will release the funds in 90 days. We are hoping this is not the case.

2. Despite the delay in the funds, we've started working fully on Graywalkers already. We've welcomed several new members to the team and they have started to work. We've also done our development schedules and planning. We're still looking for some key members to bolster the team but definitely we are moving forward.

3. For the rewards, we are already starting to prepare for them. We are targeting to have many of the rewards not dependent on the game ready within March.

4. Me and some members of the team will be in GDC in March in San Francisco. We still haven't finalized if we will be having our own booth at the GDCPlay area or if we can join the indie megabooth. Still in the works and we will keep you posted. We will also be having the dinner where those who reached the appropriate reward will be joining us. Take note that it's still not too late to avail of that dinner as an add-on.

5. We are currently working on the forum and should hopefully have one setup before the month ends.

6. For those who have design rewards, you can start conceptualizing what you want and emailing them to us. Please email us your descriptions and some reference guides for them. You can email the information to me personally at russelltomas@dreamlordsdigital.com.

7. You guys can still continue to support us through PayPal if you want. We have decided to keep the rewards still the same except for a few Kickstarter only exclusive rewards. http://graywalkers.com/Pledge-Now.html

8. With regards to updates, we constantly monitor our comments section so please feel free to post there anytime and we're sure to answer it within a day or two at the latest. We definitely want you guys to be comfortable knowing that we can be reached at anytime that you guys have a question.

9. We will try and have a monthly update so we can summarize whatever relevant information we can provide you guys.

10. With regards to development, we will be focusing first on the combat system. You can continue to post what feedback you had from the demo on gameloop, as well as your wishlist with regards to features.

11. We're now in talks with several potential investors. Hopefully one of them pans out to guarantee a bigger budget for the development of the game.
More information.

"1. Unfortunately, we still haven't gotten the funds from Amazon. For some reason, they are holding it and been giving some weird reasons like it wasn't approved (yet they approved it before and even already deducted the funds for themselves and for kickstarter). Honestly, at this point, we're very frustrated with the way it's been going with them. They gave us some steps to fulfill and we're trying to fulfill those again just to facilitate it. They said, worst case scenario they will release the funds in 90 days. We are hoping this is not the case. "

I wonder how common this sort of Sh*t is? This is the second KS I backed that I have seen comments from the dev's about this. KS did not seem to have a problem charging my CC and they got their $$$. It may just be that Dreamlords did not jump through the right hoops but seems kind of strange.

Oh Ya and welcome back Couch - hope you had a good break.

I wonder how common this sort of Sh*t is? This is the second KS I backed that I have seen comments from the dev's about this. KS did not seem to have a problem charging my CC and they got their $$$. It may just be that Dreamlords did not jump through the right hoops but seems kind of strange.
This happens a lot as I have seen many smaller kickstarters have this problem. It's the main reason why I hate using Paypal on Ebay as it happened to me.:mad:
Oh Ya and welcome back Couch - hope you had a good break.
Thanks I'm still not 100% but it's good to be back.:)

Back
Top Bottom