Sacred 2 - Review @ Jolt

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jolt has reviewed Sacred 2, awarding a score of 8/10 despite the technical difficulties:
That’s not to say Sacred 2 has been entirely fixed as of yet, but it’s mostly there. It does seem bizarre that the game should ship in such an initially unfit state though, as if the developers had gotten so obsessed with adding things that they completely forgot to address some key issues like, say, getting players off to a smooth start. You see this is the major problem with Sacred 2: it’s a rich, detailed and often very funny game, full of love and attention to detail and things to do and a million ways to pick and customise a character, but until all of that gets you hooked (give it time, it will), the whole experience is vaguely underwhelming.
More information.

I'm pretty surprised by the high review numbers I have been seeing. I guess I'm the only one who was less than impressed. I would be more interested in giving it a try if they had a GUI scaling slider, as I find the text extremely difficult to read.

I guess I'm the only one who was less than impressed.

No, you're not ;) . I didn't like the game (demo) either. Aside from it being the same ol' and tired hack and slash formula, I found the controls and especially the camera controls really annoying. The voice acting was a complete turn-off, too, and I immediately uninstalled the demo when my Seraphim character -after a series of already silly comments- went "Oh my, aren't you quite the funny little critters?" in a way too exaggerated excited tone at the sight of a bunch of goblins. I really don't need my games to be super-mature or anything but I have definitely outgrown that pre-teen level of gaming. Thx but no, Ascaron ;) .

They reduced the character commentary, the Sera definitely was annoying. This game needs a boost in difficulty, and more rewards for exploration. The character classes are well done and have plenty of ways to play them, but until you feel compelled to continue your quest, it's pointless.

I'm pretty surprised by the high review numbers I have been seeing. I guess I'm the only one who was less than impressed.

No, you aren't. I thought the game was barely playable and in no way an improvement on the first, and found the graphics incredibly hideous.

No, but it's an offensively terrible piece of excrement.

Seriously, though, I've seen buggy games before, but Sacred 2 doesn't even have any redeeming characteristics to make up for it.

Sounds like someone who constantly has luxury around himself.

Your use of words also.

I didn't know that illogic as an entity was able to jump, by the way.

Maybe it kidnapped me and used my body to perform that act ?

I agree that Sacred 2 is not a particularly good game. If I had to, I'd give it a score around 7.

Still for some reason, I enjoy playing it. Maybe beacuse it's so uncomplicated? I also play FO3, which I consider a far better game, but it's also a more demanding game. So, when tired after a long day's work, it's easier to play a dumb, straightforward game with lots of lame humour. Like S2.

BTW: I haven't experienced many bugs.

Back
Top Bottom