Skyrim - 1.4 Released, Creation Kit Video and More

We will have to wait and see sakichop. But I will, most likely, stick to downloading my mods from nexus (and couple of other sites) and installing them manually.

So when steam automatically installs all the mods you select will it check for incompatibilities and load order?

Or will it just install them and then your on your own?

Is their a mod manager program like nexus has?

That's the million dollar question.

My understanding is that you can browse through the mods on the Workshop and click "subscribe," which then directs your Steam client to automatically download the latest version of that mod and keep it up to date.

The vanilla Skyrim launcher allows you to select which data files you want activated, but (in the current version at least) there is not any way to manage the load order without using a third party mod manager.

I'm sure the devs are aware of this and hopefully they will update the launcher to provide sorting function, which would make third party sorters like OBMM, Wrye Bash, etc., potentiallly unnecessary for most end users.

Considering how much simpler it will be to download and install mods, there will likely be hundreds of thousands of brand new mod users who are not familiar with all the potential conflicts that can arise.

I think that Wrye Bash (with Boss integrated) and NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) make a nice combinations so far.

Not sure how well Steam will integrate with these two though, might turn the game installation into a mess.

I think that Wrye Bash (with Boss integrated) and NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) make a nice combinations so far.

Not sure how well Steam will integrate with these two though, might turn the game installation into a mess.

For Oblivion, Wrye Bash was essential, especially for FCOM.

I hope it won't be necessary to used a bashed patch as frequently for Skyrim mods. After installing numerous Oblivion mods, I would often end up with certain races having googly eyes, or missing textures here or there, etc.

Back
Top Bottom