Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are a few more links for a variety of topics for Dragon Age: Inquisition I managed to roundup today. So go ahead and debate as you all usually do.

The first article is from VG 24/7 with a wishlist/interview for the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition’s latest trailer set out a grand stall for BioWare’s latest, but can it win over those disillusioned by the second game? Dave Cook reckons that it can, and then some.
Next Game Informer talks about the return of Varric.

Ever since I spotted Varric in the first Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer, I’ve been excited for his return to Thedas. His jokes, tall tales, and loyalty made him my favorite party member in Dragon Age II. Sure, the rogue might be prone to embellishing the truth, but you know that he has your back. Bringing him back is a smart move on BioWare’s part, since his story has so much room to develop. We’ve seen the comedic side to Varric, but there have been hints at a hidden depth and a darker past.
The article is followed by another one on Gameranx where they share details from the recent issue of Game Informer about Dragon Age: Inquisition.

BioWare recently offered more details about its upcoming role-playing game Dragon Age: Inquisition to GameInformer in their latest issue, detailing the state of the world and how the player arrives at the central role in the story. The magazine issue also contains a number of new screenshots showcasing the game's visuals.
And for last OnlySP has news you can pre-order the game for 20% off.

The third installment of the Dragon Age series, Dragon Age: Inquisition, makes its debut on October 7th. It’s got the standard $59.99 price tag for all Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC platforms. However, if you’re looking to pre-order on PC it’s possible to drop that dollar ammount $12 with a coupon code at the PC digital retailer Green Man Gaming.

Note: The coupon code discount will only run through May 9th at 9am Pacific.
More information.

The biggest suspense for me is how successful the Bioware publicity machine will be at getting gamers to pony up for a new copy at release. It may end up as an early flop but win customers back later. Or just a flop.

" Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC platforms."

Why the PS3 and Xbox360 platforms besides to grab as many sales as they can.

If they are truly trying to redeem themselves you would think they would follow in Witcher foot steps and skip those platforms completely.

150+ million 360's and ps3's, about 15 million ps4's and xbone's.

If they are truly trying to redeem themselves you would think they would follow in Witcher foot steps and skip those platforms completely.

The original planned release date for the game was Fall last year when the PS4 and XBone were not even released.

As long as I don't see phones listed, I can still hope the game could be good.

The original planned release date for the game was Fall last year when the PS4 and XBone were not even released.

Doesn't really answer my question. As planned released date doesn't really mean anything.

But to the meat of that statement, both those platforms had been in the works with their release dates of Nov and Dec of 2013 planned. So if they were really looking to make a better game they could have had their first release date early 2014 based only on the PC, PS4 and Xbone.

You can't tell me a company as large as EA wouldn't be give all the information and supported need from Sony and Microsoft to do this.

It still comes down to they don't care what the end product is as long as the sales are there. Time will tell if this is a better game than DA2 but really how hard would that be to do, now would it?

I do like what I have heard and seen of the game but then again I felt the same way when the hype machine was in full gear on DA2.

I believe if they gave a dam about the core of RPG gamers they would try and release a game that took advantage of what is new not some crappy platform from I can't remember how long ago.

What will really tell the telling truth is what CD Projekt RED brings to the table early 2015.

It's not because you are developing for a newer consoles that your game is going to be better. What kind of logic is that?

It's not because you are developing for a newer consoles that your game is going to be better. What kind of logic is that?

I am not using logic here. I am just pointing out how they could have at least to me showing they were trying to make an effort to make a better game by scraping the old platforms for the new ones.

Just like if the spec's were that it could run on my first 286(I think my parents still have it in storage).

From the trailer, it appeared that Inquisition will be one The Witcher 2 game too late.

DA2 was extremelly sad on the technological side, so few technological candies in it.

So they are trying to catch with that episode, still looks like they are dragging to the level of TW2.

The good point for Inquisition, they will be favoured by the press. TW2 was destroyed for being a high tech product assembled in Poland.
Very likely, TW3 will also be subjected to undeserved blame for the same reason.
While Bioware will benefit from the leniency of the press.

It is common business to use both generations of consoles to amortize a project when a new generation of consoles is launched.

Project can do otherwise because they are rather on the low side of budgetting and want to keep proving their high technological expertise by provide vanguard technological features. So they cant do on older consoles.

Inquisition is on the same level of TW2 so Bioware can do that thing.

I wonder how much Bioware shores up sales figures by whoring out smidgeons of dlc for a total of 2X the base game cost? If you like a game, it is hard to resist getting all the content for it. I try not to like Bioware games because of this.

I swear horse armor must have been a holy trumpet for Bioware. Wait, we can sell 1% or less extra content for 10-15% of the original game price? My gosh, let's just make 115% of a game and we have tripled our profits! Everybody is doing it, but nobody on the pc and consoles like Bioware.

I doubt Bioware is to blame for that.
It's EA. Just check other EA products. All, no matter the genre, no matter the developer, without difference, are let's-milk-them-till-they-die.

You guys keep forgetting that EA is able to do the milking because there, apparently, is a steady supply of cows queuing up to have their udders relieved.

Well, to be fair, the rpg player pool is a cow heavy crowd anyway. It attracts obsessive types who min-max, grind, and want every cool thing available. These are just the sort who pay money for in-game items, companions, and every bonus and trinket possible. Taking advantage of them for their impulses will hopefully not go unchecked.

If you have an ioS device, you should check out the popular rpg titles. They don't even sell content, they just sell get-of-grinding buffs. Most allow players to pay $50 to $100 (repeatable) for in-game currency that lets them have the most powerful, coolest looking character possible. Most of these are FTP and multi-player, so they suck you in for 5-10 hours and then let you get slaughtered against paid-up players or grind against OP npcs until you want to cough up the money or quit.

I hope the ioS environment never makes it way to pc's and consoles, or games will purposefully be made boring unless you pay money to side-step grinding. If you don't think it could happen, Blizzard just released its first ios title (also on PC). Pay $1 to $40 to buy more decks, pay $1.50 each chance in the arena.

Last edited:
Well, I'm pissed off. Like it's something new.
Just noticed this:
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/504783-consequences-of-not-completing-da2-dlc/?bioware=1

This was exactly the reason I've put a pure zero on ME3 alternate perspective minireview post in "just finished" thread.
REMOVE THE BLOODY DLC IMPACT ON THE FINAL GAME!!! Why would ppl have to buy DA2 DLC just to get "nondefault" stuff in DA:I?

Couch is correct, it's very easy to hate this Gaider dude.

You can edit the DLC flags in the Keep without owning them according to Allan. You won't be stuck with default unless you are lazy...

Although, it's not like Legacy or MotA are any different then learning King Marric left Cailan years ago and never came back. Neither of them require Hawke to be involved to get the end state of the DLCs (they contains no big choices, Legacy has a somewhat story impacting choice in it, but it's sort of overridden at the end).

Are you absolutely sure The Keep will let you do that for DA:O and DA2? It's not clearly stated. In other words… From his post it smells like an upcoming feature of DA:I that can be used in future games.

Maybe I'm overreacting but honestly, their posts are far from simple and are not impossible to misunderstand. And why am I overreacting? Because I got burned.

I see what you mean, but still consoles owners cannot upload saves to the Keep, they have to recreate everything manually and that include DLC plot flags.

Still, there is no choices in Legacy or Mask of the Assassins that could impact a future game, only their ends state and that doesn't change regardless of what you choose in the DLC.

It's like you were overreacting to the Archdemon being dead in DA2 despite you not playing DAO...

I doubt Bioware is to blame for that.
It's EA. Just check other EA products. All, no matter the genre, no matter the developer, without difference, are let's-milk-them-till-they-die.

As someone that used to work for one of these companies, I laugh every time I see a comment like this. You realize this is exactly why Bioware was bought and allowed to retain their 'divisional title'. Back when I was in this industry the identical comments were made about Origin (OSI) vs EA in 92. It actually became an inside joke it got so bad.

There is zero zero difference. Regardless of what division you work for, EA signs the cheques. I could*likely*still dig out one and scan it in. Bioware has long since ceased to exist. It is this attitude of 'benefit of the doubt' transferred from consumer to company that rakes in the big bucks when you sell. Its under the heading "goodwill" in a sales contract.

Back
Top Bottom