Pillars of Eternity - Recorded Twitch Stream

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment hosted a NEW live Twitch steam earlier today so due to time zone differences most of you probably missed the event.

Don't fear as they posted a recording that has new gameplay for the latest build. Now for members who cant watch Twitch videos no YouTube version is available yet.

More information.

Last edited:
I just realized that I don't know how it's going to be with the party in PoE. Do you create a single main character and gather companions (like BG) or do you create a whole party (like in IWD)?

Iwd style I belief. Watch a video.

Gameplay*

If I recall correctly, you can actually choose, similar to BG2 multiplayer.

You create one guy and collect cNPCs to join you. If you want your own whole party you can hire adventurers at certain places that are all created by you.

Last edited:
Encounters still require a lot of micro management I see. Good. Trash mobs are one thing that wasn't great about the Infinity Engine games.

*cue posts by people who predicted this could never be as good as Baldur's Gate*

I just realized that I don't know how it's going to be with the party in PoE. Do you create a single main character and gather companions (like BG) or do you create a whole party (like in IWD)?

More BG than IWD.

You recruit companions while playing the game, but also get to create adventurers in the Adventurer's Hall if you don't like the companions. Unlike BG though, unused recruited companions will stay at the stronghold and be sent on "off-panel" missions.

they need to add more ambient sound effect (cities especially), more music, and chanting/casting sound effects

they need to add more ambient sound effect (cities especially), more music, and chanting/casting sound effects
When they went through the open area of the stronghold, I was waiting for the chant "so sayeth the wise Alaundo" :).

When they went through the open area of the stronghold, I was waiting for the chant "so sayeth the wise Alaundo" :).

right, I assume that there will be many nods to Baldur's Gate. I bet that the character "Kana" is the new Minsc.

BG 1 & 2 have such an epic story that it's going to be almost impossible to beat. In one of these threads someone wrote that they don't want to see a BG 3 since the story ended perfectly, but I just can't help to want more. Would love to see Minsc and the crew on a new adventure.

Seeing this vid has renewed my faith in the game. It's obvious that their full game build is much further along that the current beta build. Can't wait!

right, I assume that there will be many nods to Baldur's Gate. I bet that the character "Kana" is the new Minsc.

BG 1 & 2 have such an epic story that it's going to be almost impossible to beat. In one of these threads someone wrote that they don't want to see a BG 3 since the story ended perfectly, but I just can't help to want more. Would love to see Minsc and the crew on a new adventure.

Seeing this vid has renewed my faith in the game. It's obvious that their full game build is much further along that the current beta build. Can't wait!

I would love a prequel game where you group up with Gorion and other adventurers and main story ends when you get baby BG protagonist and Imoen (something like SW prequel movies with birth of Luke and Leila) :)

They could even make it so you can choose to work for Zhentarim or Harpers at start and at end you fail to take away them from Gorion.

As promised here are the YouTube versions someone finally posted.

Part 1

Part 2

Back
Top Bottom