Witcher 3 Preloading and Unlock Time

The Witcher 3
About TW3 preloading:

I don't know if this is happenning to you too:

I choose to preload it via GoG Galaxy, but it downloads at maximum 0.2 MB/s. Too many people at GoG forums are also noticing this low Galaxy's download speed. Of course, there are people who claims they preloaded the game via Galaxy with normal DL speeds. Go figure !

Last night GoG Galaxy was using all my available bandwidth (1.0MB/s for me). Might have something to do with where you are living and how many people are DL from there.

Last night GoG Galaxy was using all my available bandwidth (1.0MB/s for me). Might have something to do with where you are living and how many people are DL from there.

Azarhal,

My DL speed can also reach 1.0 MB/s. GoG Galaxy was downloading the game at 0.2 MB/s, one fifth of my DL speed. I live in Brazil and the old GoG Downloader always reached my top speed here (be it DL'ing TW3 or any other game). I can't know how many Brazilians are DL'ing the game right now but I can make a good guess we're waaaaayyyy less than that 1 million customers who preordered the game.

As I'm writing this post, I'm still downloading the game with GoG Downloader @ 1.1 MB/s

My GOG Galaxy downloading speed experience is all over the place. Sometimes it was running with 0.5MB/s, other times it ran with 10MB/s. Witcher 3 itself was downloaded quite fast as it ran at my max speed almost 80-90% of the size.

Lucky you :)

My GOG Galaxy speed experience is at ONE PLACE ONLY: 0.2 MB/s, nothing more! For now, I just gave it up! I'll conclude TW3 preloading using GoG Downloader, then I'll import the folder into GoG Galaxy.

Are you serious?

They are releasing it at midnight on the 19th in London UK.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

If you check the above link of time zones they are just releasing it worldwide at the same time.

Edited notes: That is two hours before their home Country even

Typical US bashing. You should be used to it. I see it all over the internet. Never met a foreigner say it to my face though.

Typical US bashing. You should be used to it. I see it all over the internet. Never met a foreigner say it to my face though.
WTF? Nothing to do with US bashing. I just find it funny that as EU based developer whose two previous games were mostly bought and financed by EU PC users now makes a console first game and releases it to cater to NA audience first.
Sorry for feeling betrayed a bit.

Lucky you :)

My GOG Galaxy speed experience is at ONE PLACE ONLY: 0.2 MB/s, nothing more! For now, I just gave it up! I'll conclude TW3 preloading using GoG Downloader, then I'll import the folder into GoG Galaxy.

I might be at an advantage because I live in Poland but my download speeds were between 4.0 and 2.0 MB/s.

I think its a Galaxy problem. I downloaded just the archives from GOG member page with a download manager and got full speed at 4MB/s

I'm not sold on GOG Galaxy yet. I just purchased it from Steam, and I'm getting a constant 4.1 MB/s download.

I'm a little surprised it's only 25 GB. I was expecting it to be significantly larger.

Yea, it's 200 hours needed to solve everything, means 20 times more hours than Wolfenstein.
Why it isn't 20*50Gb size needed to install it? :evilgrin:

WTF? Nothing to do with US bashing. I just find it funny that as EU based developer whose two previous games were mostly bought and financed by EU PC users now makes a console first game and releases it to cater to NA audience first.
Sorry for feeling betrayed a bit.

I think your logic on this is completely insane and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This being said who am I to tell you how to feel about this...

I'm not sold on GOG Galaxy yet. I just purchased it from Steam, and I'm getting a constant 4.1 MB/s download.

I'm a little surprised it's only 25 GB. I was expecting it to be significantly larger.

I don't think Galaxy is close yet, I had to force it to update POE patch.

I think your logic on this is completely insane and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This being said who am I to tell you how to feel about this…
Mountain? More like I put a small box and I am preaching off it to 20 people on a mostly unimportant part of the internet :D

This is hilarious. They said fuck you to Europe that was their biggest fan since TW1 and went for US market.

I guess it could be like back in 1985 when I called the only computer store every week for I don't know how many weeks asking if Ultima 4 was in yet.

Now a few years latter I ended up working for that store for a few years.

Years and years latter Rob the former owner and I are still friends and he still brings up this long hair RPG gamer calling him every week for months.

Maybe that is a better way to release the game????

The ball is back in your court...

They must have fixed the DL issues with GOG Galaxy, because my preload speed is more than acceptable - ticking off about 1GB/minute.

I just pre-ordered it on PS4, I just dont have the confidence in my rig right now to trust it not to screw up this game launch!

Galaxy goes up and down with speed on me so I'm using their classic downloader now.
Will move files later into GOG games set by Galaxy so it detects the game's there.

I think everyone in this thread should wait to play the game until June 13th. That's when I should have enough free time to start playing it for real :D

Back
Top Bottom