Sword Coast Legends - New Video Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Geez they sure are tight lipped on details.

right, right at the end he says

Dan Tudge said:
If you wanted to go deep and plan a huge campaign for your friends, we're going to allow you to do that as well

Clearly the game will have some good modding campabilites.

Name dropped BG and IWD and promoted him as the director of BG:O so there's clearly the aim here. Not sure why its not an actual BG but is "Sword Coast".

From the video it looks and feels like an Action-RPG but the pause and play (and isometric view) gives it the BG vibe. I'm going to guess that its a lot less frenetic in combat than PoE.

Can we control the party are are we limited to single character?

Great interview. Dan Tudge seems like a cool guy and I'm excited to explore D&D again in a new RPG. :)

Edit - Now let's hope they add a ton of new classes and enough customization options to make it feel like a Baldur's Gate game. :)

Feels to me like they are building a tool, which is cool but I wonder how much of a single player game there will be. Still looking forward to it.

Geez they sure are tight lipped on details.

Although it looks like a lot of progress has been made with the game, who knows really what direction the final product will take.

Although, I think it has a lot of good ideas, my fear is that it will be very shallow and the game overall will be more action oriented. I 'd rather see fully PC adaptations of current pen&paper D&D modules, allowing for campaigns to be played out in depth and take hundreds of hours for a party to complete. The game should provide all the tools necessary for a DM to carry out a game as if he were sitting with a group of people around a table. It should allow for lengthy roleplaying sessions with massive amounts of dialogue, ect. A 5th & 6th character would be nice too.

I still would like to see a true single players isometric D&D game, like Pillars of Eternity or Temple of Elemental Evil. Why not make Baldur's Gate 3?

I still would like to see a true single players isometric D&D game, like Pillars of Eternity or Temple of Elemental Evil. Why not make Baldur's Gate 3?

It'll come. It's just going to take a little bit of time. With the success of recent Kickstarter RPGs like Pillars of Eternity, there's no doubt that Baldur's Gate 3 is going to come. Eventually. :)

Can we control the party are are we limited to single character?

You can control the party but they'll also act on their own in combat if you want to just play the main character.

In multiplayer mode real players can play the characters and a Dungeon Master can join too and set an extra number of encounters and traps limited by what monsters drop for DM use.

I am going to hold off commenting until we know more about it. Though what I have seen it looks like it could be a lot of fun if nothing else.

Great interview. Dan Tudge seems like a cool guy and I'm excited to explore Forgotten Realms again in a new RPG. :)

Edit - Now let's hope they add a ton of new classes and enough customization options to make it feel like a Baldur's Gate game. :)
Fixed it for you.

You mean there is AD&D that isn't set in the GodForsaken Realms? I love EG's world building, deities, etc, but I hate all the super-God NPC that inhabit the Realms. Kill off Elminster, Khelben Blackstaff, the Seven Sisters, Drizzt, and everyone else and just start populating the lands with rule-abiding characters. That'd be awesome, thanks!

P.S. I love most of the games based on FR, just not the NPCs that break all of AD&D's rules.

Back
Top Bottom