Underrail - Released

Aubrielle

Noveliste
UnderRail, the long-awaited isometric post-apocalyptic RPG, has been released.

ss_8230788f116a4ec690041296de69a5e962e81b6d.600x338.jpg

Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat.

The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.

The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught midst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as the violently struggle to survive in the harsh underground environment.
More information.

More information.

I have been interested in this one and will pick it up at some point, but I have come to the conclusion enough is enough for now. I really have to whittle down my backlog. One of the reviews said it is probably the closest thing to a real successor to Fallout 1 & 2 yet.

Yup, you can tell from a plane that this is more akin to FO1-2 than FO3-4. Looks delicious.

Never tried it in EA, played it now for a few hours and its absolutely brilliant, imo its the most atmospheric title from this year. Went with a build with a stealth+crossbow. The only thing im mad about is the font, even if you can enlarge them from the options, its still very hard to read if youre not close enough to the monitor.

Even tho played only a few hours, game entered in my top 5 list for 2015. :)

I played over 100 hrs in EA. It is a brilliant game (heavy in combat and atmosphere, light in the story department). Wonderful character development. Interesting and varied skills. The graphic is old-school / just playing old / bad in general, but overall a fantastic game. Highly recommended, especially if you adore (like me) the old fallout games.

I'm 3 hours in and its a very good game so far. Its very much like Fallout 1 or 2, but with psionics and no VATS. May figure as my 2nd or 3rd place RPG of the year depending on how it develops.

This one kinda slipped under my radar. Every time I saw it in the news I thought it was the game undertale which I tried awhile back and was dreadful so I didn't pay much attention.

I'll have to give this a go when I get some time. It will go closer to the top of my long list of backlog.

Never tried it in EA, played it now for a few hours and its absolutely brilliant, imo its the most atmospheric title from this year. Went with a build with a stealth+crossbow. The only thing im mad about is the font, even if you can enlarge them from the options, its still very hard to read if youre not close enough to the monitor.

Even tho played only a few hours, game entered in my top 5 list for 2015. :)
Haha, I made same character :D
I also use traps a bit in tougher fights. It is fun to approach in stealth, put down a trap, retreat a bit and start combat from distance and watch them run into your trap then finish off what is left. Also very cool how there are all these different kinds of bolts that change how you do fights, something that was sorely missing in PoE.

I'm 3 hours in and its a very good game so far. Its very much like Fallout 1 or 2, but with psionics and no VATS. May figure as my 2nd or 3rd place RPG of the year depending on how it develops.
No VATS but there are feats that give you special attacks and they don't give accuracy penalty like in WL2 but have cooldown limits. It works better in my opinion, in WL2 I don't use targeted shots at lower levels.

Didn't this game had only 1 full-time dev?

Didn't this game had only 1 full-time dev?

Maybe you're talking about Age of Decadence. I know AoD had only 1 developer.

Maybe you're talking about Age of Decadence. I know AoD had only 1 developer.
No it didn't, AoD had several. I don't remember the exact number or where to go to find it now, but it's been discussed in several interviews. I want to say there were at least 4 or 5.

Last edited:
Spent like 4 hours studying the character system which is rather complex. Not managed to play the actual game yet. ^^

More I play this, more I like it. The stealth system is really cool. Feats are supreme, so many give major new options. So many different weapons, utility weapons, crafting options.
Really, really cool game.
Inxile should hire this guy and put him as lead for Wasteland 3 game :D

Back
Top Bottom