Game Pads for PC

lostforever

SasqWatch
Anyone recommend a good game pad for PC please? Ideally wireless and doesn't cost too much! I have seen people mention Xbox 360 game pad but I think you can't program the keys on it i.e. map some keyboard keys to it.

I have got my laptop hooked up to the TV and want to play some games on it while sitting on the couch hence I am on a look out for game pad.

I use an XBox 360 pad for my PC. Its mainly for retro gaming, so mapping is part of the emulator. There is a program called Xpadder that I believe lets you map it for any application.

Overall, I have been very pleased. it was easy to install (buy the actual MSFT wireless receiver, not the knock offs) and works great.

Ah thanks for the link. I have been doing bit of research and it seems even the new Xbox One wireless controller works with PC.

I've had great success with the Xbox 360 wireless controller as well. Best part is that most new games support that layout directly, which makes playing console ports a lot more pleasant and hassle-free.

I use Pinnacle for custom profiles, personally.

Right now I am heavily leaning towards the Xbox 360 controller since you can connect that to the PC wireless but you cannot connect the Xbox One controller wireless to the PC. MS does not provides a wireless dongle for the Xbox One controller.

I've used various Sony Dual-Shock-type controllers for PC over the years, and all were junk that barely lasted a year. The first truly durable game controller I used was in fact a genuine Sony Dual-Shock controller for PlayStation 2 fitted with a USB adapter that let me connect it to my PC. It lasted about 5 years, and is still working but now it's in my parts drawer. Then I discovered a wired genuine Microsoft 360 controller and it works on my PC right out of the box. No configuring needed. The best thing is that it's officially recognized by & pre-configured for most PC games of the last 5-10 years, including major emulators. I used to have to mess with Xpadder for each game. No more. I recently replaced the wired Xbox controller with a wireless one, and I could never see myself going back to junk PC gamepads.

Well you can buy the new Xbox One controller if your willing to wait till it gets released in November. This listed price though will set you back $59.95.

Well you can buy the new Xbox One controller if your willing to wait till it gets released in November. This listed price though will set you back $59.95.

I really want to get the Xbox One controller mentioned in that link but but you can't connect that wireless to the PC. MS doesn't release USB wireless dongle with it :(

The main reason for the controller is to play stuff on the TV from the couch and wirled is not really an option for that.

Last edited:
Don't join the dark side! Mouse + Keyboard forever!
I can't help myself as some PC games just play better on a controller.:embarrassed:

Don't join the dark side! Mouse + Keyboard forever!

Hehe yes, MK forever as well but I got myself a new 4K 55inch TV and some games looks soooooooooo good on a big screen! Plus I don't see how MK will work witting on your couch.

I don't really like controllers since I haven't played console games for like 10 years now and my muscle memory sucks when it comes to the thumb stick on them. Currently on the PC's I use the mouse for camera and keyboard for movement so I am dreading how I will use the thumb stick on the controller to control the camera!

Back
Top Bottom