Witcher 3 - Gamescom Dev Diary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Instead of releasing the new video demo to all of us from Gamescom CD Projekt has instead posted a new video Dev Diary about the games setting.

From the murky reaches of No Man’s Land to the harsh climate of the Skellige Islands, to the vibrant metropolitan of the north, Novigrad--behold, the gritty and diverse universe of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Watch our newest “World Setting” video and let us know what excites you about it the most!
More information.

The Hype is strong with this one.

I bet we'll read in 2015. first quarter, PC sales tripled!

First gameplay video was uploaded
Looks amazing as always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPEam_Jt4I&list=UUzybXLxv08IApdjdN0mJhEg

nice looking vid. Really disappointed about what I'm seeing about the combat but I'll struggle to live with it.

Towards the end of that video, the wolf leaps at Geralt and, in say Skyrim with Duke Patrick's combat mod, I could step back a little then time the strike so that the I hit the wolf while the wolf's attack falls just a little short. Here though, Geralt executes a canned (is that the right term) attack animation that makes him adjust his distance to hit the wolf but also makes him move right into the path of the leap. The game makes me as the player do something I did not intend to do and that loss of control is what made me stop playing witcher 2.

Last edited:
Yes I was hoping for tactical turn based combat. A pity

Nice to see they improved climbing. Looks smooth now.

Yes I was hoping for tactical turn based combat. A pity

You what??? O_O

The only little niggle I have (so far) is that I prefer how Geralt looked in W2 than in W3. But I'm sure that I will get used to the new look.

Last edited:
After a moment of confusion so did I :biggrin:

It's the jaw line. He reminds me of Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story...

Think he looks healthier than in the previous games. He was quite thin, partly looking like some heroine addict. Hm... could as well be the mutagens.

Back
Top Bottom