What games are you playing now?

No problem.

I'm still playing through GTA IV,I've got to the point that failing any mission gets irritating due to having to redo the whole thing.There are a few choices to make but they're really straightforward and do not seem to have an impact on the story.

got the Disciples III demo, and I have to say that i had a lot of fun w/ it. The graphical detail of the game is awesome, I really like the look and feel of the game, and it was just fun to play. I know it's gotten horrible reviews so far, and everyone "in the know" seems to be slamming it, but for a turn-based title to keep me interested it has to be doing somthing right. Worked for me, anyhow.

Morrowind, Morrowind, and more Morrowind. Thou art a cruel mistress indeed…

What have I spent, 25 or 30 some hours already into the Morrowind abyss w/ no end in sight? Didnt I just start??

I love this game! I got my girl hooked as well. The Tiger household is echoing w/ the telltale MW inventory management sounds, NPC chatter, and squawking Cliff Racers.

This is my first thief/assassin type character, and at first I went w/ one of the default. After a while, I determined that A.)they arent very well config'd B.)Ive played this game far too long to use them. So I made a custom class:
Doom Stalker
Majors:
  • marksman
  • long blade
  • light armor
  • security
  • sneak
Minors:
  • hand - to - hand
  • short blade
  • acrobatics
  • alteration
  • illusion

I have to say that I'm really pissed that you can no longer knock people down and rob them in the patched game. That really changes a lot of the get-the-item-from-the-unwilling quests, and not for the better. Totally screws up the fun and even the purpose of of using hand-to-hand combat. Booooooo! Hisssss!

Thieves are all about short blades so I thought I'd give them a shot. Now Ive never used a short blade in the game, and I have to say that after using them a while w/ my pre-character - I truly hate them. I hate their damage, I hate the thrust style of fighting w/ them, even the wakazishi style slash swords look retarded using them and they suck. I'll use a nice dagger once and awhile w/ a paralyze effect or something, but when the shit hits the fan I know what's going to get the job done right - long blades and bows. Give me a Dai-katana or similar 2-hander and a Daedric or bound bow and I'm set, that's all that I need.

I looked long and hard for some good armor for her, since the default armors in the game are not to my liking at all. There wasnt a whole lot of custom light female armor that wasnt a breast-fest (not that I dont enjoy a good breast-fest once and a while) and I came up w/ some very well-done "ninja" armors. They dont really look ninja, but I love the look and they fit my character's assassin role quite well, and the set comes w/ several different colors. The screenshot on that page is inaccurate btw, this is a total re-do of that mod. It's a hood not a mask, there's sleeves to use, and the colors are different. The default stats kinda suck, but if you know how to use the toolset you can take care of that. I personally gave them equivalent stats to Dark Brotherhood armor, i thought that was fair and not OP at all. Message me if you want my tweaked plugin.

Mods I'm using are (i'm paraphrasing) better bodies, better faces, replaced hi-res textures, better clothes, disable launch movies, no glow for enchanted items, gathered herbs straight to inventory. That last one, in my opinion, is definitely essential as it makes gathering herbs quick and efficient. If youre into that sort of thing.

I've tried both Lady Death and Kendra companions and well… meh. Seriously, I just dont like a companion in MW. Nice idea, and probably good if youve got a really weak character and need support. Just not for me

Attachments

• mw01.jpg
    mw01.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 195
  • mw02.jpg
    mw02.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 193
  • mw03.jpg
    mw03.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 188
  • mw04.jpg
    mw04.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
GTA IV (single & multiplayer), Unreal Tournament GotY, Unreal Tournament 2004, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers, Red Alert 3 aaaaaaand that's about it at the moment.

What have I spent, 25 or 30 some hours already into the Morrowind abyss w/ no end in sight? Didnt I just start??

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious. Morrowind has crossed my mind a lot lately, but I have too many unplayed games keeping me from returning to Vvardenfell.

Finally, after so many years, I bought Paraworld. My first RTS game in ... okay, the used Battle Of Middleearth I or II doesn't count ... ;) in about 5 years minimum. I just don't like RTS anymore, because it's all the same to me now : Build something up, try to hinder the enemy of ruining your own thing ... - and then destroy the enemy - with the assumption that every player quickly forgets about his/her own units, whih are replacable.

Paraworld is indeed very innovative in its core - but the game lacks a tiny bit of polish, imho. Great idea, but a flawed gem in the end.

I wonder how much I'll be able to stand it all - since RTS looks so much repetive to me nowadays. But the world is kind of unique and would be a great material to work with, from a developers' point of view. An adventure game for example would be great as well.

But this will most likely nver be. Both the developers and the publishers went into insolvency, and meanwhile the dev studio of SEK totally vanished, Sunflowers is said to have gone into Ubi Soft.

Sad. How ideas vanish ...

Finally, after so many years, I bought Paraworld. My first RTS game in … okay, the used Battle Of Middleearth I or II doesn't count … ;) in about 5 years minimum. I just don't like RTS anymore, because it's all the same to me now : Build something up, try to hinder the enemy of ruining your own thing … - and then destroy the enemy - with the assumption that every player quickly forgets about his/her own units, whih are replacable.

Paraworld is indeed very innovative in its core - but the game lacks a tiny bit of polish, imho. Great idea, but a flawed gem in the end.

I wonder how much I'll be able to stand it all - since RTS looks so much repetive to me nowadays. But the world is kind of unique and would be a great material to work with, from a developers' point of view. An adventure game for example would be great as well.

But this will most likely nver be. Both the developers and the publishers went into insolvency, and meanwhile the dev studio of SEK totally vanished, Sunflowers is said to have gone into Ubi Soft.

Sad. How ideas vanish …

Since you are talking about missing polish: Did you install the booster pack, which includes an official patch and community fixes? I used it and didn't experience an "unpolishedness" in the game.

There is still a active very active community in that forum, by the way. They are still producing new mods and content.

Edit: I am playing Summoner (for PC) right now and I am surprised how well it has aged!

Playing Age of Wonders Shadow Magic (1.4) a ton lately.

Have a PBEM game going, but am playing vs AI when opponent sleeps … recently had 202, 92 and 152 turn victories all coming vs AI (I like to deliver the KB on turns ending in 2 apparently).

This game really shines in multiplayer, and I wish all my friends had more time as PBEM can really take quite a while. Still a blast!

That's pretty much all I am playing currently, keeping plate clean from new/replay RPGs for CIV 5.

Since you are talking about missing polish: Did you install the booster pack, which includes an official patch and community fixes? I used it and didn't experience an "unpolishedness" in the game.

Yes, I have.

Maybe I was exaggerating ... my own complaints are rather a few "quirks". For example a speech of a diary which would make a little bit more sense if it had been *bevore* the acompanying animation/cut-scene ...

There is not much to think about in terms of "lack of polish" ... The game in itself is rather good, it's only that I'm so much detail-oriented ... ;)

But thanks anyway for hinting me towards the community ... I think I should take a look there ! :)

P.S. : I once played Summoner through. It has imho some very interesting points and ideas, but I found the end too much consisting of neverending combat, somehow.

And they imho should have used a few more character models for enemies.

I only played a few missions of Paraworld, but liked what I saw. RTS in a prehistoric setting, with Dino creeps all over the place. Then you build your own Dino-troops. I probably would have given my two front teeth for paraworld when I was like 8 years old. I'll probably install it again and get back to it one of these days.

As for now its still Morrowind-mania, and a cool cheapie 2005 WW2 sniper game called "Sniper Elite". Lots of slow-paced creeping and scoping your entire surroundings w/ a sniper scope, lots of headshots, and a few nice surprises per mission. I dont generally play FPS games any more, but this isnt like the usual. I love slow creep-n-snipe games, and careful military simulators like the Tom Clancy games and Operation Flashpoint. While this one isnt in the same league as say Ghost Recon, its still quite fun.

Last edited:
Back from vacation, finished FEAR: Perseus Mandate, except for those tough bonus missions with no saving allowed. :( I'm done.

Back to HoMM V - now on the Sylvan Campaign. Ouch! Is this campaign hard or am I an idiot? Methinks I need to rush on mission 2. Hate that. It's so not island time. ;)

No, I didn't.

I just finished MotB. Great dialogue, story and characters but it suffers the same problems as every other epic level RPG in that there's far too much overpowered equipment, abilities and spells. It started off fairly difficult, more so than the original campaign, but after I'd accumulated enough equipment and levels the combat quickly became trivial. The equipment balance, or lack thereof, almost makes ToB & HotU look low-magic in comparison.

Like I said though, the rest of it was great, and the spirit meter wasn't nearly as annoying as I'd expected it to be after all the hysteria I'd heard about it.

Update : Yes, I think I have now. :biggrin: :lol:

Disciples 2. It takes days (for me anyway) to play thru a scenario! It's amazing for me to actually be able to stay awake thru a TBS but this game has me gripped.

What I kinda like, and what conversely I DONT like about games like Kings Bounty, is that the units represent one single unit. One unit. It's not some collective representation that's dying off and youre replenishing over and over again.

So youre not constantly shelling out money for new units, youre not looking for places to hire new units. Youre not wondering just how many hundreds of these same units are enough. You got your crew with you (and other crews rollin around too), they level up accordingly into their different forms in relation to what structures built. Done.

Started my replay of Fallout 3 this weekend.

So far, so good. I'm already enjoying it a *lot* more than my original playthrough. Most of the mods I'm using are for the purpose of making it more challenging, which was my main complaint about the vanilla game. I'm also playing it on the hardest difficulty level this time.

Still playing HoMM V - the tough Sylvan campaign. Made it to the last scenario. It's a HUGE map, you start with 3 heroes and 2 towns, but apparently MANY enemy towns and heros to contend with. Looks like a massive plate spinning exercise.

Decided to try of Master of Magic on DOSBox. REALLY, REALLY liking the gameplay - fantastic! So many choices! The maps are all random sandboxes; no SP campaign. The cheesey enemy wizard cameos are giggle inducing. The dated GUI, graphics, and MIDI music aren't too bad; they're even somewhat charming. But, man, is the mouse laggy! Saving and loading takes 20 seconds, opening and closing menus takes 3-4 seconds, turning a page in the spell book take 2 seconds, etc… etc…

If anyone knows of way to run this puppy faster, please let me know! I'd be willing to sacrifice sound if it helps…

Back
Top Bottom