What games are you playing now?

Got Kingdoms during the Steam sale and playing it a bit. I really like the premise of a medieval survival world that is single player and the npc's have their own agenda's and no multiplayer for now.

Also discovered the Morrowind open world engine. Wow, it makes Morrowind beautiful without a gig of mods and runs very fast. I'm currently fitting some basic texture mods to it so I can stick to the vanilla game.

Got Kingdoms during the Steam sale and playing it a bit. I really like the premise of a medieval survival world that is single player and the npc's have their own agenda's and no multiplayer for now.

That looks like a very ambitious EA game. How does it run in its current version?

It runs pretty well at 1080p
They have a pretty ambitous roadmap and it looks like they are very much at the beginning of their journey
Picked it up pretty cheap on the sale. Quite a bit of crafting is in already. I like that you can build a lot without hours and hours like Wurm.

I am currently playing Blade and Soul. Standard MMO fare but the combat system is brilliant. One of the best in any game I have played. I have not played any Korean MMO other than brief sting with TERA so the world and monster design which comes from a different culture make it also unique and refreshing for me.

Its F2P and if you not bothered by having the best looking stuff etc then you don't really have to spend any money to enjoy it.

Playing Icewind Dale: EE co-op with my dad. He is playing on a 10" Android tablet and I am playing on the Nvidia Shield tablet. We are each rocking really nice headphones but we keep one ear open so we can still communicate (we are playing in the same room).

So far it's been a ton of fun. I can't wait to play through BG 1 and 2 this way with my dad. Although to be honest we will probably enjoy Icewind Dale a smidge more because we love dungeon crawlers. So please, Beamdog, bring us Icewind Dale 2: EE! :)

I'm replaying BGII whilst I wait for the Pillars expansion, using the EE. I've played through this game loads over the years and it never gets boring!

But I found something I really don't remember this time round:
There is a woman at the back of the adventure mart who sells a shield that reflect beholder rays. I haven't explored the back of the mart in years and didn't know she was there…

Given the long-winded save scumming approach I usually take against those bloody things, I was a bit aghast to find a solution might have been under my nose all the time. Was this always there or is it something they added for the EE? If it was always there I'm going to cry….. ;)

Is that woman's name Deidre? If so, yes, she was in the original game. For me, it came with a bonus disc.

Is that woman's name Deidre? If so, yes, she was in the original game. For me, it came with a bonus disc.

Nooooo!
Yeah that's the one. I can't believe I missed that!

Nooooo!
Yeah that's the one. I can't believe I missed that!

Maybe you never had the bonus vendors, it was a collector edition DLC (less or more) before it became a thing (they were added to the base game in a patch for ToB later). There was a "mod" to add them in too prior to that.

ahh that makes sense. I've been previously playing SoA and ToB from my original discs, with patches from the internet but without any mods for additional content. If it was part of the collectors edition then I probably never saw it.

Blimey though, it definitely makes those specific battles easier!! :D I've just completed the Unseeing Eye quest, and it saved me from my usual approach of edging the fog of war forward, spamming saves and throwing loads of expendable summons into the front line as cannon fodder. Its so much less frustrating now…

I even once bought the BGII CE on a flea market years ago … it was inclusive these extra vendors …

I finished Trail in the Sky not long ago and decided to check out a few of the other games I bought during the X-mas sales and beyond. That means I started
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Satellite Reign
on top of
- Lightning Returns
- Dragon's Dogma
- Skyrim (replay)
- Mass Effect 2 (replay)

Satellite Reign was hard to get into. I think I got the hang of it though, but I was close to uninstall it because I couldn't seem to find missions I could do (they all required level 2 skills which I didn't have because you need to do missions to get XPs and level up).

Valkyria is just plain weird. I'm not sure I like the five or six 30 seconds cutscene dialogs + one mission per chapter. The gameplay is strange as well, it's turn based but your mouse aiming skills and how fast you leave the "action turn" is very important making it almost twitch based. The translation is also lacking. I'm playing with the Japanese VO and with my very limited understanding of the language I can tell that the English sub-titles don't always match what is being said.

Lightning Returns/Dragon's Dogma/Skyrim are all "on hold". I'm not in the mood for open world and installing bazillion of mods in Skyrim always burn me out of the game lol.

Mass Effect 2. I wanted to do a playthrough of the game since last summer, but I really don't enjoy the Engineer (the only class I never got through the game). I decided to do a "1 mission per day" instead (less or more). This is progression slowly.

But tomorrow I will probably move to Pillars of Eternity + White March part 2.

I've recently hit Wayrest in ESO and am starting to get that been there, done that feeling that usually makes me stop playing for several months. At this point I'd like to wander around and explore a bit, possibly finding towns and whatnot that aren't in the middle of some ridiculous crisis that can be easily solved in less than an hour. You know, just for a change. I don't need to feel like the big damn hero at every new map icon.

Ah, well. Cities Skylines is getting a new expansion this week, so I'm sure that'll end up eating up a lot of my time over the next month or so.

Hm, I just finished the main quest in ESO and am now wandering across Covenant territory, searching for villages, sites and vistas I missed and wee little Vestigelings who might need my help before I'll do some sightseeing in Cyrodiil.
While I agree with you on the 'big crisis' topic, I can't get enough of this game (yet) and I must take care that I don't play too much ... I mean, I'm about six weeks in and have 252 hours under my belt.

Lookout for the PvP in Cyrodil. :)

I just continue with Fallout 4. I've got most of the companion perks. Been adding a few settlements, and upgrading others to have artillery. Now finishing up some side quests before going into the glowing sea. The USS Constitution quest was hilarious. Next up, the Silver Shroud. :)

Spent a few hours on ESO. Just a few quests in The Reach (Cadwell's Silver) and doing the daily provisioning writs.

Currently playing the psychedelic horror game, Layers of Fear with pauses of Unravel in order to bring my blood-pressure back to normal. I don't usually like horror games, as they tense me up too much, but this one seems right up my alley. It's about a painter and his tale of woe, in the manor which you explore throughout the game. The visuals and music/sound are amazing. Check it out if you're a fan.

Back
Top Bottom