Knights of the Chalice II - Development Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Heroic Fantasy Games has a new development update for Knights of the Chalice II.

Hi, in this update I will talk a bit about spells.

In terms of the share of development work, spells are one of the biggest chunks for both KotC and KotC 2.

Since the game will have an integrated module editor, there will be a spell editor.

I will use the spell editor to create the database of all the spells described in the website.

Later on, players might use it to create an additional spell or two for their modules, or to modify an existing spell.

In the following screenshots you can see the spell properties for the spell Protection from Arrows. By the way, I'm thinking that this spell should only provide DR 5, not DR 10.

As you can see this is the only spell in the database so far, so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time just to add the spells. Meanwhile I'm also going to develop the other editors - for items, weapons/armour, creatures, scripts and finally maps.

I need to have all the editors ready before I can work on combat, the game's interface and AI.

And now here is the picture for the Cleric. I hope you'll like it!

FWE/KotC 2 is now my only project so things will go a bit quicker, hopefully.
More information.

So, I guess that means he finished the RTS he was making that was inspired by the old Dune game the dev seemed to like so well? Regardless, if he's back working on KotC2 as a priority, that's good news to me. Hope he keeps the long list of classes he had planned earlier, which would fix the only real shortcoming I saw in the original game.

Best gaming news I've read in weeks. I'm such a huge fan of the first KotC, I'm really ready for the sequel!!! Wonder if he's considering doing a Kickstart for it, I'm sure he'd get some $$$$$.

-Carn

Yeah, part one was a shining example of how to do it right. The amount of UI work was unbelievable.

Well, have to say his website blows for giving out info...unless you are in the original ones buyer list you can't see that update.

Well, have to say his website blows for giving out info…unless you are in the original ones buyer list you can't see that update.
rune, that is totally unfair! You really should give the guy a chance instead of just showing up here to complain.

Call me biased but I've no problem at all with those that paid and played for the first one getting the info on the new one first. It's simply a matter of informing those that you KNOW will buy versus those that MIGHT buy.

-Carn

YAY, NEWS!

KotC remains one of my all-time favorite indie RPGs.

Actually, scratch the "indie" part of that sentence. It's one of my favorite RPG, period. Don't need to limit it to indies, especially as many of the best recent RPGs are coming from that side of the field.

KotC rocks! - proof that a 1-man-dev-team can produce a good game :)

KotC rocks! - proof that a 1-man-dev-team can produce a good game :)

I am so mad at this community for not telling me about the first KOTC game!
Don't you know the world revolves around my RPG addiction? and I expect info on good candy ASAP! post haste! furthermore....

hold on, my therapist is calling....

Best of all: there is no overlap between the demo and the full game.

Thanks for the news update on this one - Knights of the Chalice was definitely one of my more memorable gaming experiences from last summer. I made a thread here at the time of my adventures during which several other members got into the game I think as a consequence, which was fantastic.

Again, I most likely wouldn't have found out about the game if not for some of the oldschool goldbox fans and veteran regulars who posted on it here at the 'Watch.

Hmm, that reminds me. I never did beat that thoroughly brutal yet optional final fight.
I just have to try again some time. ;)

Me too, Carn. I'd kinda forgotten about it, but it was a blast.

Back
Top Bottom