Diablo 3 - v1.0.5 Being Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A post on the Blizzard forums notes scheduled maintenance to roll out Diablo III v1.0.5:
We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.5. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT.
Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.5 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.5 is live until those regions have also patched.
More information.

No.

But also, i would be extremely glad if I could filter out all the kickstarter news from RPG Watch RSS feed...
Label them with prefix or suffix or something, there's only a very limited part of me willing to read about the games which may or may not be released two years from now.

It's getting closer to what might have saved its reputation as a release version.

As is, though, I think it's pretty much a lost cause. It's not that bad - but people have judged it, and seeing as how Blizzard is a very popular target - no amount of effort to recover will dissuade the ignorant/irrational = most people.

I have no idea what it would take to turn that ship around, and I will be extremely impressed if they succeed.

At absolute minimum, they would have to remove the always online DRM and server generated/regulated loot drops to redeem it in my case.

It's getting closer to what might have saved its reputation as a release version.

As is, though, I think it's pretty much a lost cause. It's not that bad - but people have judged it, and seeing as how Blizzard is a very popular target - no amount of effort to recover will dissuade the ignorant/irrational = most people.

I have no idea what it would take to turn that ship around, and I will be extremely impressed if they succeed.
Started feeling this way as well, the whole Diablo III thing looks pretty FUBAR to me, unless they plan on releasing an expansion, or some huge patch real soon - which will bring lot's of changes to core mechanics (highly unlikely) I just can't see it tipping over.

Now, even if they add a ladder system to the game, I can't see why people would want to play again and again like in DII, to experiment with builds etc. It's just not possible with the current system.

Bought D3, took advantage of the refund offer, months later I still have it available to play on my Blizzard account... but with little inclination do so whatsoever. For me, that says a lot about the game - they really messed up the Diablo formula.

Guys, get real. Diablo is alive and well. Sure, they made some mistakes, but the gazillion dollars is already in the bank, they're changing a lot with the patches (don't forget that PvP arenas are sure to generate some new interest among the dedicated players and Blizz'es well established competitive community), and the inevitable sequel will bring millions and millions back to the game.

Folks have legitimate beefs with the latest incarnation, and it's not to everyone's tastes, but your opinions of its demise are greatly exaggerated, to steal a phrase...

I'm not talking about a demise for the franchise, but a game that's very unpopular with its fans and even lots of casuals who don't know any better than to join the crowd. That said, it made a lot of money - and Diablo 4 will eventually happen. It just won't be happening any time soon.

But I don't see how they'll turn the boat around and make people interested in D3 again. It's basically sinking and won't stop sinking until it's all but forgotten.

They messed up with the release version - BIG time - and even if the game is already a lot better, it won't make any difference.

Yeah, I did. It took approximately 5 weeks to process, but it worked out in the end. It's odd I still have access in my Blizzard account should I wish to reinstall, though. Likely an oversight on their part.

That said, it made a lot of money - and Diablo 4 will eventually happen. It just won't be happening any time soon.

But I don't see how they'll turn the boat around and make people interested in D3 again. It's basically sinking and won't stop sinking until it's all but forgotten.

They messed up with the release version - BIG time - and even if the game is already a lot better, it won't make any difference.

Whoops. I meant expansion, not sequel. An expansion will bring millions back to D3 and it will happen within a year.

Whoops. I meant expansion, not sequel. An expansion will bring millions back to D3 and it will happen within a year.

We'll see - but I doubt it. Maybe they will sell a few million copies - but I doubt it'll be played much after content is finished.

Back
Top Bottom