Blackguards 2 - Review @ GamesTM

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A website called GamesTM published a late review for Blackguards 2. The site gave the game a 7/10, and called it,"A series of corrections rather than a sequel."

To its credit, Blackguards 2 leaps into its story of estranged spouses, imprisonment, mutilation and vengeance with wild abandon. It’s a lot more gripping than the wanted criminal plotline from Blackguards and this time you’re at the head of a conquering horde. Our protagonist, Cassia, is a breath of fresh air as a tyrant’s abused wife who decides she could do a better job. How merciful or brutal she is will be left up to players. This ties into numerous choice and consequence scenarios.
More information.

I finally finished this a few days ago. Must say the last fight wasn't too bad, but the aftermath was ...a waste of time. I really, really want to see a proper TDE adventure in the vein of Drakensang. Blackguards2 was combat after combat with some glue, and a newly simplified stat system. Not enough for me really.

There is Demonicon, but it's a an arpg rather than something like Drakensang.

There is Demonicon, but it's a an arpg rather than something like Drakensang.

Yes, I played Demonicon for some time, but ended up not finishing it - became too 'action-y' for me. I really want DS3...but not very likely to happen. I guess TDE doesn't have enough traction outside of Germany?

Back
Top Bottom