Risen How do you kill a goual?

Torque1

Watcher
How does one get by the Ghouls the completely black creatures with glowing eyes?Excuse my spelling Goual is mispelled. Torque1 Thank you

Last edited:
You mean "Ghoul".

What level is your character, and which path (i.e. Mage, Bandit) did you choose?

In general, Ghouls are very difficult. As a Mage, I couldn't kill them easily until the 4th Chapter. High level Fire or Ice magic works well against them, but I basically just avoided them for 75% of the game.

Just like everything else. No special tricks needed. They're way too strong early on though. Your chances should improve when you can summon Fred.

Thank you for answering my thread. Yes I suspected the spelling was incorrect.

Thank you for answering my thread. How and where do I summons Fred???

Fred is the name of the skeleton that you summon with the 'Summon Skeleton' spell. You can cast the spell with the appropriate scroll or rune.

Since the ghouls are fast and nimble, I found that if you are going to engage them in melee, a faster weapon works better than a slow weapon.

As a mage, I had found that besides the obvious fireballs, that the stave with a blade on the end (Executioner's stave?) worked rather well against them because of its far reach.

i'm playing as the 'hunter' so melee approach is the best for me. if there are more than one ghoul then retreat to a narrow or confined gap so that they can't out-flank you. for a lone ghoul, just push it back against the wall by attacking continuously.

Fred is the name of the skeleton that you summon with the 'Summon Skeleton' spell. You can cast the spell with the appropriate scroll or rune.

It should be added that Fred heals when you reload or when you tell him to "wait here". So ca. 10 scrolls should be enough for most of the game. Fred can swallow quite a lot against only 1 or 2 opponents.

Thanks for your advise one and all. It was very useful especially about Fred my constant companion. :jester:

Back
Top Bottom