Dragon age tactics, anyone?

S

sakichop

Apparently Mark Darrah has posted a poll on his Twitter asking fans if they'd be interested in a turn based dragon age tactics game. I would vote a definite yes if I had a Twitter account.

My first thought is holy crap this is the first twinge of excitement I've had from bioware in a long time.

My second thought is will they crush my heart like they did with DA2?

Third thought, I'm willing to risk it. Not sure if anything like this would actually come to fruition but I'm be game for sure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/19/dragon-age-producer-is-polling-players-on-dragon-age-tactics

Sorry:
1. no selling my private data to social networks, even if one threatens my life
2. Bioware official forum exists

I'll definitely buy it as I enjoyed Dungeons & Dragons Tactics on the PSP. I just hope it's not another mobile game, or like the last Dragon Age spin off a browser game.

Sorry:
1. no selling my private data to social networks, even if one threatens my life
2. Bioware official forum exists

you don't need to sign up for twitter unless you want to vote. Everything you'd want to read is in the linked article. you don't even go to twitter site.

I'll definitely buy it as I enjoyed Dungeons & Dragons Tactics on the PSP. I just hope it's not another mobile game, or like the last Dragon Age spin off a browser game.

Yes, the only on mobile voting option does scare me.

Darrah then clarified, saying that "tactics" referred to games like XCOM and Fire Emblem.

Personally, I'd say thanks but no thanks. If you want to make that type of game, why use Dragon age? Just start up a new IP instead.

Personally, I'd say thanks but no thanks. If you want to make that type of game, why use Dragon age? Just start up a new IP instead.

I agree. It's not like Dragon Age has this deep political background that would lend itself well to a tactical/strategy game like The Witcher with its many kingdoms.
Ferelden, Orlais and other areas in DA might not be the best buddies but it's not like war between any of the factions is a central point of the DA stories.

A DA Tactics game would be based on a very weak premise. What would they make it? You leading a Ferelden or Orlesian army vs. the territories occupied by hordes of Darkspawn? Yaaaaawwwwwnnn.

I'd buy it either way, either a new form of Dragon Age or a new series. Just don't ever ever expect me to use Origin rubbish or Ubisoft junk, and for crying out loud don't make me ever register on twatter or facebook. I won't do it, for any game at any price. No.

I'd buy it, if only out of the hope that developing a full-fledged tactical game would force them to make a tactical camera mode that worked for use in the main games.

(I am still bitter about the "invisible cameraman walking around and bumping into walls" approach that was taken in DA:I.)

And yes, forced word-of-mouth campaigns on social media rub me the wrong way too -- especially when done by a big company that could just buy advertising rather than strongarming customers into doing their PR work for free.

It's a relatively good setting, so I don't see what's bad about using it for other types of games than just regular RPGs. I would not mind if they used the Mass Effect setting for strategy/tactics games either.

It's a relatively good setting, so I don't see what's bad about using it for other types of games than just regular RPGs. I would not mind if they used the Mass Effect setting for strategy/tactics games either.

I don't care about the setting, as long as the "Tactics" part is good.

I don't care about the setting, as long as the "Tactics" part is good.

While gameplay in a tactics game is the most important part, I prefer when the conflicts presented in the game are given a proper context, and a good setting & story helps with that. I'm one of those strange people who care about the story in my strategy games ;)

An actual proper sequel to Origins would be nice. One without the twat protagonist, boring story, and dull/bad everything else.

Tactics may be an interesting way to salvage something from the series. They may as well try, as they can't really screw it up any more than they already have.

Back
Top Bottom