Your top 10 'Major Disappointment' games or: 'I want my money back!'

Despite all the criticism, I noticed you gave it 4 1\2 stars.(out of 5)

Yep - that is because, despite all of the criticisms, I think it is *frickin great* ... but it is still not in my top 10 favorite shooters of all time, and I think it is over-rated. Weird, eh?

Master of Orion 3- I almost cried from disappointment
Carmageddon 3- hey, first one was so cute- second handeled so well... the third is just awful

Half-life 2 is an insult if you compare it to first Hl. First one was in every sense a revolutionary game. Hl2 is a medicore shooter at it's best.

I also sign what JemyM wrote. Hl2 didn't have a proper story or then it was so well hidden that player couldn't see it without reading some backround infofile..reminds me of quake 1 ;)
However in hl1 story was cleverly told. It didn't feel akward at all. At first i was clueless like any man in that situation would be, just trying to survive. Then suddenly army comes and hunts everyone down. Things get heated and suddenly they want to capture ME... And then we learn more about xen and stuff... Ok you wouldn't win a pulizer prize with it, but it was better than in most recent fps.

Level design was stunning. I felt like i was making progress and moving from area to the next. In second half-life levels don't simply have same depth. Clearly there are nice moments but overall they lack something. For example that prison level may have been one of the worst fps levels i have played.

Guns werent' pee shooters either. Each of them had a purpose. In hl2 guns are not simply FUN. And don't start with that gravity gun. It is quite tiresome at the end. While jedi's lightsaber is utterly cool all the time, gravity gun isn't.

enemies.. combines, striders. manhacks and zombies mostly. Where is the variety?

Back
Top Bottom