Fallout: New Vegas - Review @ NMA

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
No Mutants Allowed review Fallout: New Vegas mentioning the good, the bad and the following conclusion:
New Vegas is a huge game. I can probably write another 6 pages examining New Vegas’s various aspects, but I’d rather play the game some more. Like any other game, it’s far from being perfect and has many flaws. If you share my opinion that quest design is the most important aspect of an RPG, then you’ll like New Vegas a lot. If you think that RPGs are all about character system and/or combat, your opinion will depend not so much on New Vegas, but on whether or not you liked Fallout 3.

I think it’s an excellent RPG and when it comes to shaping your story and making decisions, instead of following a pre-determined path, New Vegas can easily compete with the original games and is definitely top 10 material. If the combat was more challenging, and surviving in the wasteland wasn’t so disappointingly easy, the game could actually have competed for the #1 spot.
More information.

... I can probably write another 6 pages examining New Vegas’s various aspects, but I’d rather play the game some more...

If a gamer can say this about a game, the developers can be satisfied. ;)

I agree that the only weak points of Fallout New Vegas are the un-challenging combat and the not-so-good-implemented 'survival feeling' in a post nuclear world.

-> Good review!

Back
Top Bottom