Risen What items should I keep?

Holywhippet

Watcher
Which items should I never trade away as they can be useful later? ie. for alchemy or forging purposes.

I've noticed that if I eat enough apples my maximum strength does up. Are there any other stat boosting items?

You should hang on to most of the herbs (especially Hero's Crown of which there are only 20 in the entire game across all chapters) because they will be useful later to make health, mana and permanent potions.
Otherwise there is nothing that you really need to keep. I ended the game with an inventory that was worth some 40K credits or so and I did wish then that I would have actually used more of the stuff I collected instead of, well, collecting it :) .

Actually, nearly everything I collected was either used in alchemy, or scroll creations. I always sold weapons, etc, but most of the other stuff I kept and ended up using; teeth, tusks, wings, etc are vital components. There's one quest where you need hides, but after that you can sell them. Oh, keep at least one pearl necklace!! :)

Oh, keep at least one pearl necklace!! :)

You mean for that woman in the town? I got her quest but by the time I had a necklace I'd turned her husband in as a thief. So she wouldn't accept the necklace which meant I couldn't trade it for the ring she had. Thanfully no guards are posted nearby so I just pummeled her into unconciousness and took the ring.

Did anyone ever figure out what the use for the 'old coin' was?

You mean for that woman in the town? I got her quest but by the time I had a necklace I'd turned her husband in as a thief. So she wouldn't accept the necklace which meant I couldn't trade it for the ring she had. Thanfully no guards are posted nearby so I just pummeled her into unconciousness and took the ring.

Wierd, i gave her the necklace just after her husband had been killed and was lying dead on the floor outside their house. I think she said something about not telling him about it! :) still, she didn't seem the smartest of npc's.

Did you pick a fight with her husband? I just told him I'd report him and he said he'd flee the town.

Back
Top Bottom