Gothic - New Compilations Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Nordic Games sent this press release announcing two new Gothic compilations: Gothic 3 Gold Enhanced Edition and Gothic Complete Edition. I'm not clear if the "extensively improved editions, financed by Nordic Games" of Gothic 3 is new or just the CP and other previous improvements - I'm sure long term fans can clarify in the comments. There's also a link to the patch for Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced for existing users:
Nordic Games GmbH and Piranha Bytes conclude a marketing partnership for the existing titles of the Gothic series

Two new editions of the Gothic Universe will be published on 2 April 2012 on this event

VIENNA, AUSTRIA (9. März 2012) - Nordic Games GmbH proudly announced that it has concluded a distribution agreement with Piranha Bytes for all existing titles of the Gothic Universe. The following new editions will be available in retail stores on 2 April 2012:

• Gothic 3 Enhanced Gold Edition: (Gothic 3 and Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods in extensively improved editions, financed by Nordic Games)
  • Gothic Complete Collection: All Gothics (Gothic, Gothic 2, Gothic 2 Night of the Raven, Gothic 3 Enhanced and Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced) forged into one incredible edition
In addition to the already via patch download available Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced, the Gothic 3 Enhanced Gold Edition will further let the main game Gothic 3 shine in new splendour. These improved versions of both Gothic 3 titles will also be an integral part of the new Gothic Complete Collection.

Find the box content of both editions and the link to the mock-ups below:

Gothic 3 Gold Enhanced Edition:

• High-quality steel-book packaging
  • 2 DVDs: Disc 1: Gothic 3 Enhanced, Disc 2: Gothic 3 Add-On Enhanced
  • 1 poster
  • 1 sticker sheet with 6 stickers (on white paper)
  • 1 post card
Gothic Complete Collection:

• High-quality packaging
  • 3 DVDs: 2 Game Discs and 1 Making of DVD
  • 1 Gothic Art book (100 pages)
  • 2 separate posters (A3)
  • 1 sticker sheet with 7 stickers (on transparent foil)
  • 6 Post cards
Mock-Up link to Gothic 3 Gold enhanced edition
Mock-Up link to the Gothic Complete Collection

Here is the link for the enhanced patch for the add-on Forsaken Gods for all those, who can call Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods their own:

Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced
More information.

Interesting. It seems, that Gothic 3 also gets a new and improved version of the community patch thanks to this. The complete collection definately looks tempting, although i have all the games separately either on disk or gog.

- G3 with CP 1.75 in both compilations.
- Free patch DL for existing customers, but only a short time after release. Building installers from everything to CP 1.75 takes time and testing, etc. (Meaning: they want some exclusive time to justify the costs for hiring the CP Team.)
- G1 & G2 compatibility with modern machines is being checked. Changes would be a surprise though because Nordic Games can't modify the games.
- Gothic Complete includes both G2 vanilla and G2 Gold as separate products!
- G3:FG is unchanged since the last CP.
- G3 inherits some technical stuff fixed for G3:FG. Especially graphics updates.

What are they going to cost? I tried clicking on the mock up links but they don't appear to work.

I fixed the links.
Current Amazon.de prices are 24€ and 34€. Quite expensive IMHO. I suppose the prices in other countries will either be lower or sink quickly.

I clicked on the links they still don't work but I removed the www.gamepress.com part and hit enter which seemed to work. I was able to dl the zip.

There is a problem with G1 when using ATI-based video cards where items do not display in Inventory slots. The count for the items are there, but the graphic icon is not. What I mean is, say you gather herbs or find a weapon and put it in your Inventory. It's there and you can use/equip it, but your Inventory displays no icon to represent it. The game is entirely playable, but you have to remember where you put what. This is for the versions prior to this new release.

Can anyone clarify this a bit more? I already have all the games separately on Gamers Gate. Any reason I should be interested?

I probably have at least three copies each of Gothic 1-3, but I'll purchase that collection just for the art book.

- G1 & G2 compatibility with modern machines is being checked. Changes would be a surprise though because Nordic Games can't modify the games.

What needs to be checked? From my experience, both games run fine on modern machines.

Seems a bit surprising - a lot of effort for some old games. I think a useful thing would be to tweak the inis to reflect more modern PCs.

Can anyone clarify this a bit more? I already have all the games separately on Gamers Gate. Any reason I should be interested?

The only new thing is the separation of Gothic 2 and G2 Gold. All Englsih releases of TNotR forced the add-on onto the player.

Everything else can be patched by hand if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I bought my copy of NoTR from GoG, works like a charm (even in the netherlands).;)

Yeah EDV we find your lack of effort disturbing... *choke* *gurgle* *choke*

Back
Top Bottom