SOE - Developer Sold & Renamed

lol…

DDO, land of exploits and no endgame whatsoever.
Lotro, the game that has so much appeal with its homogenized orc & goblin enemies and lifeless mordor landscapes that I feel absolutely no interest in even redownloading a game I bought a lifetime sub for when it was still interesting (Shadows of Angmar).

There is truly no good MMO on the market right now and it's an absolute shame.

Eh, I had plenty of fun with DDO and LOTRO, moreso with LOTRO. Exploring Middle Earth can still be great fun for someone who's always wanted to play around in that wonderful LOTR lore. :)

Wow lasted for me three days, LoTRO five days. I'd rather play single player games than go back to either of those. I like my games with some challenge, and only EQ has provided that for me. And whoever was yapping about EQ2's raid content, it is both function and viable...and doesn't look like some Disney nightmare.

And today, DGC axed a bunch of folks. That might be the end of any further content for EQ 1 and Two, probably the end of Skidmark and EQ Three, and a possible sunset for the only decent mmo's left.

You know this is coming when you hear an investment company is taking over. Still feel really sad for some of the people at SOE. They took lot of crap and still work really hard to keep the games going :(

There is truly no good MMO on the market right now and it's an absolute shame.
Register on League of Legends and start playing it.
Return when you get to level 30 in a few days and then tell is there is no good MMO.

No, I'm not playing it any more… Reason? Too many great singleplayers released recently. I have no time for storyless MMO crap.

Last edited:
Register on League of Legends and start playing it.
Return when you get to level 30 in a few days and then tell is there is no good MMO.

No, I'm not playing it any more… Reason? Too many great singleplayers released recently. I have no time for storyless MMO crap.

LoL is not a MMORPG but its MOBA, completely different things.

I think it is bad news for all SOE games. Layoffs have already started. I would bet Smed will be gone soon. SOE did a fair job of making games and being customer friendly. I also liked the revamp they did not Allacess that made it cheaper to play all of their games. Investment firms care only about the money THEY can make. They don't care about business models and industry know-how. I fear they will chop up SOE and sell all of its parts.

Smedley should have been gone first. I hold him entirely accountable for the whole going to free horrible concept, and the sheer drek games like realms and skidmark, and that new zombie game looks to be even worse. How this clown gets to keep a job after pouring money continuously down an eternal drain is beyond me, I would have canned his worthless ass years ago. Good, hard working folks went before this guy, and that is simply a travesty.

Back
Top Bottom