Diablo 3 - Launch and Beyond @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has an article titles Diablo III: Launch and Beyond, although it isn't so much about post-launch as the work Blizzard is doing during the beta:
"We are making some changes to how [skills] are swapped in and out," said Mayberry. "I'm not going to reveal it, but it'll come out in the beta. We haven't completely locked it down. We're going to make incremental, minute changes and get player reaction."

Working on the project up to this point, Mayberry says the most challenging aspect of creating the game is ensuring the randomness doesn't seem too random. "I often compare DIII, it's like a LEGO model of the Death Star. It's just a sphere, it's pretty simple. But when it's broken apart, Diablo III is just thousands and thousands of little pieces that the game engine puts together. That creates a real difficulty in tracking and tuning and balancing and fixing. Players don't realize how much is going on under the hood. The reality is, when you play the game, every time you play, it's never going to be exactly the same."
Over at Gamasutra is an article on how the Auction House will provide a "dynamic" economy:
Blizzard explained that players can not only sell loot, but can salvage armor and weapons and sell the various components to other players in the auction house. Buyers in turn can use those salvaged components with discovered blueprints to build entirely unique weapons that they can then use or, even better, sell back on the auction house and turn a profit, or they can trade them with friends. Based on what Blizzard showed off at the event, the options for acquiring the best loot seem to be easier and better than ever.

Blizzard also clarified that there would be two different versions of the auction house in Diablo III. One will be based on in-game gold players acquire through their adventures, while the other will be based on real-world currency. Players will be free to participate in whichever they choose, so there will be no limits to getting one's hands on a preciously sought after piece of loot.
More information.

Any information about the lenght of the single player campaign?
I don't want to waste my money again on a 12 hours long game.

Well it's not like SC2, there isn't a seperate single player campaign. There is just one big campaign that you can play on your own or with friends. Haven't heard anything official about it's length though.

I think it's safe to say that if you're going to go through the Normal difficulty level as a single-player and then stop playing, no Diablo game is worth your money....

And I don't want to waste my mouse, my wrist and my index finger on a longer game :biggrin: .
Seriously, I'd be happy with even a sub ten hour campaign. The hack'n'slash gameplay usually gets way too tiring and repetitive otherwise. I'd rather have a shorter campaign and play through it multiple times with all (or the most interesting) available character classes than an "epic" campaign of hack'n'slash boredom that only makes me wish to finally see the credits roll by.

And I don't want to waste my mouse, my wrist and my index finger on a longer game :biggrin: .
Seriously, I'd be happy with even a sub ten hour campaign. The hack'n'slash gameplay usually gets way too tiring and repetitive otherwise. I'd rather have a shorter campaign and play through it multiple times with all (or the most interesting) available character classes than an "epic" campaign of hack'n'slash boredom that only makes me wish to finally see the credits roll by.

Wow.. If that doesn't scream out a need for innovation in the genre I don't know what does...

Back
Top Bottom