RPGWatch - Bedlam Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Couchpotato had the chance to ask a few questions of developer Skyshine Games about their now funded kickstarter game Bedlam. So sit back and enjoy everyone.

Couchpotato: Let’s start the interview with a simple question where I ask can you give a brief description of yourself, and about your game studio Skyshine Games?

Skyshine Games: We’re a three-person team with a massive dream, to make our own video game, to leave our collective mark on the industry. All three of us worked at a small startup called Outlaw Studios where we were making Xbox games and a slew of demos that all never saw the light of day. John and Sam continued working together with most of the Outlaw Art Team on other games like Tabula Rasa and the Darksiders games. Other members of the team went on to work on games such as Dead Rising 2, Bioshock and Bioshock 2, while our animator went on to pioneer motion capture animation in Hollywood. Jeff was involved in the 80’s and 90’s industry explosion, working at Bally and Midway on Pinball machines and Arcade classics like NFL Blitz, but after the implosion of Outlaw, he soon left the industry altogether.

John:
We are a band of brothers at this point, we’ve been through more wars than I care to remember. Outlaw came about when I had left Epic Games to strike out on my own, we were a scrappy team, but all those people were extraordinary in their own right and they’ve gone on to prove it professionally. We have been through a number of difficult circumstances, but we stuck together. I think we all knew this reunion would happen at some point we just weren’t sure how… thank you, Kickstarter.
More information.

Their list of favorite RPGs does not inspire me much :D
Or other things they said.

I guess this game goes into the list of forget until it is near done and check it out then.
I just hope unlike Banner Saga they let players make informed decisions instead of trap decisions.

Banner Saga was a solid game. And Bedlam combat seems to have more tactical options, so this can be really interesting.
Thanks for the interview Couch & Skyshine Games!

The Rogue-like revival continues...

Banner Saga was a solid game. And Bedlam combat seems to have more tactical options, so this can be really interesting.

Thanks for the interview Couch & Skyshine Games!

The Rogue-like revival continues…
Thank you for the comment HiddenX.:party:
I also agree let the Rogue-like revival continue. I'm glad the game is finally funded, and has a few days to make a little more extra to help expand the game.

Lets hope more games with the Banner Saga engine are made.:)

Nice interview Couch. Lots of really good questions and some very open and honest answers. The battle system sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom