Divinity 2 - US Publisher and Release Date

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
At PAX CDV announced that they will publish Divinity 2 in the US. The estimated release date is 'somewhere in December'.
Read a bit more information here.
More information.

Sigh, this is very disappointing even though I was lucky enough to have gotten CE version of the game (German ofc).

There is going to be a lot of heavy hitter RPGs that are going to be out by that time. I really can't see how by delaying the release so much, would be good for the sells figure of the game.

I'm just glad to hear they've found a publisher. Plus having it come out a bit later means less bugs, which shouldn't hurt sales any, I imagine. It's a must buy for me regardless, though. :)

I am sure the game will be more polished with the delay. But I hope the folks at Larian won't be burnt out after even more extended crunch time...

While everyone that would visit here would most likely buy the game no matter what time it comes out. (I am sure I will be getting the US version too.) But by December, for the general gaming population there should be quite a few excellent RPGs that would be occupying their minds.
I do hope that you are right, and the sales of Div 2 won't be negatively affected.

If they released earlier, it would go directly head to head with Alpha Protocol, Borderlands, and Dragon Age. Good luck with that. They're better off in December, maybe even early next year.

Finally they've found a Publisher.
Wasn't expecting it to announced at PAX Though.

More Polish and less bugs.
Nice Christmas Present ;)

Whos the UK Publisher?
Not hear anything.
Deep Silver/Koch Media?
Waiting for press release about CDV & Divinity 2.

What about Venetica then??
If the games supposedly coming October whos the Publisher thats going to need to be announced now.

CDV? I wonder how much say Larian had in this decision. After their performance on DivDiv I'm quite surprised they got the 2nd game too.

I'm quite happy about the release date. There's already far too many games being released in Sep-Oct.

Agreed - I would also be fine with it sliding into the new year ... December might be tough commercially.

December is a strange release date. Too late for half the Christmas business, only slightly before the slowest month of the year.
Maybe the idea is that they noticed many AAA games were pushed into the next year.

CDV? I wonder how much say Larian had in this decision. After their performance on DivDiv I'm quite surprised they got the 2nd game too.

I'm heavily disturbed about that, too.

Heh, I wish I can be as calm as you guys about the release date and publisher (Even though I have the game already...). I guess I just really want Larian to make it big this time...

As I posted on the official forum, the more I think about it, the more I think that this is not going to help the sales.
By December, gamers and critics will have so many good RPGs to compare Div 2 with, any flaws of the game will certainly be less tolerated.

I am more concerned about games from Europe in the future. We already have seen many great games that have gotten shafted by long delays, and/or very poor English localization.
If this keeps up, publishers will think that there isn't a market in the US for "deep" games, and will just drop English release completely... Sigh, I better start to learn more foreign languages...

I am SICK of seeing games that do well are the ones that have nothing but flashy graphics (oh and plenty of boobs and "adult" themes...), shoot everything only game play, same (as every other game) selection of weapons and items (what items? If it isn't a weapon, why would the gamer care!? ).

Sorry for the rant, but this has been pissing me off for a long time now...

December is a strange release date. Too late for half the Christmas business, only slightly before the slowest month of the year.
Maybe the idea is that they noticed many AAA games were pushed into the next year.

That is what I think - in most years, they could safely do a Feb-March release and be happy ... but not for 2010.

Back
Top Bottom