Elder Scrolls Online Beta

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Has anyone else gotten a beta test invitation? I just got one that is good this weekend, so I'll leave some impressions here, should I get a chance to play around with it. My Father in law (84) is in the hospital dying and I may not get a lot of time with it, depending on circumstances.

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. I wish you the best.

Impressions of the beta are frowned upon, I think. You're not supposed to discuss it at all. I also got an invite but all you can really say is that you got an invite and can't talk about the game itself.

Yep, I posted this before reading the full NDA. Still, we'll be able to post impressions once the game comes out or the NDA is released.

Seems like those of us with Windows 7 64-bit won't be able to play, unless Zenimax addresses the issue in the next day or so. Basically, the launcher that downloads the game won't even start. Some have gotten it working but for many others, no luck. I hope they fix it soon.

hmmm, I have Win7 64 and I got the game downloaded. Can't start it till 5 pm Friday, but I'm good to go elsewise.

If you check the beta forums, lots of people are having issues. I just fixed the launcher by changing the LAN settings on my laptop. It's downloading now.

I'm getting hyped!

Hope your father in law gets well.

Excerpt from Tips for Black Marsh Travel:

Aside from the right clothing to protect you from the environment, you’ll also need to account for the wildlife. Many creatures in Black Marsh carry disease, and, as the native Argonians are naturally resistant to many such ailments, remedies and treatments are often in short supply, especially in smaller settlements.

Protect yourself from fleshfly bites with a repellent salve, and ensure that you bring plenty of potions to treat blood rot, the droops, and swamp fever. Avoid travel during known breeding seasons for insects and common creatures such as giant snakes, and be very cautious to avoid camping near deep water or anything that appears to be a burrow. As always, it is my advice to travel only with a local guide.

I'll probably play a Breton. I like mages and they have good magic resistance too.

Bah didn't get one as well but pls post impression. they won't find out :)

They will find if there is any detail out so keep it generalized.
A hint of type it's fun, or it's a crap seen in every other MMO, can pass though. ;)

Hints can be misunderstood. ESO impressions really depends on the person opinion on MMO vs TES single player games (and themepark vs Sandbox).

I think (I've been in beta since last July), I can at least say that their engine is good, runs way better than GW2, SWTOR and FFXIV did in beta or release on my machine. Not sure how well it will run once they have way more people playing the game though, but so far I'm impressed by the tech (and from experience beta to release doesn't change things much...)

Hints can be misunderstood. ESO impressions really depends on the person opinion on MMO vs TES single player games (and themepark vs Sandbox).

I can at least say that their engine is good, runs way better than GW2, SWTOR and FFXIV did in beta or release on my machine. Not sure how well it will run once they have way more people playing the game though, but so far I'm impressed by the tech

————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Have you had a chance to see the game with more then 40 people on screen?
It uses the Hero engine (same as swtor and universally considered to be absolutly awful) so i am surprised to hear it running smoothly.
If the other hero engine mmo's are any indication i was expecting tiny maps with lots of phasing/instances, a very low player cap pr instance and a ton of loading screens all over everything. And ofc a complete breakdown whenever a large number of players gather in one spot.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Have you had a chance to see the game with more then 40 people on screen?
It uses the Hero engine (same as swtor and universally considered to be absolutly awful) so i am surprised to hear it running smoothly.
If the other hero engine mmo's are any indication i was expecting tiny maps with lots of phasing/instances, a very low player cap pr instance and a ton of loading screens all over everything. And ofc a complete breakdown whenever a large number of players gather in one spot.

I thought that the Hero engine was only used for prototyping only? The final release apparently does not use Hero engine but uses their own engine.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/about-game-engine

To all of the well wishers, my father in law is quite ready to die. He is hanging on because his wife of 63 years will be devastated when he is gone. My hope is that he passes on because almost everything on his body has or is in the process of shutting down. Kidneys, heart, liver, etc. His 6 children all hope that he passes on too, but of course they don't want it to happen either. I'm not the compassionate sort, so I am just there to lend a shoulder for others to cry on :)

Back
Top Bottom