Risen Getting out of harbour town before choosing side ?

Lannister

Watchdog
Hello.....

I went to harbour town pretty fast and never did visit the bandit camp, however I want to go there before choosing which side I wantt to join.....

So, my question is: Is there any way to leave harbour town and coming back befopre choosing the fractions and getting to the new chapter ????

And, if i choose the inquisition, can I stil do quests in the bandit camp ??

Thanks in advance,
L.

Yes, it is possible to get out of the harbor town before choosing a side. I'm currently at 3/4 for the Don and 3/4 for the Order and have access to the secret passage out of town.

Some details:
The tunnel out of town can be found in the brothel. It's in the left room with the bathing girl behind the picture on the right wall if you enter the room (you may have to finish certain quests before the passage becomes available... I don't think that the picture can be moved before a certain point but I'm not sure exactly what quest triggers the unlocking of the passage. Just keep doing quests in the harbor city until it works :) ). Just stand in front of the picture and hold down the left mouse button just like you might have already done in the Don's residence or like when you dig for treasures in the wild. This will open the secret passage. Now there's two locked doors in the tunnels. The key can be found on Scordo (the guy who hides in the tunnels). Just use pickpocket on him, take the key, and enjoy your newly found freedom :) .

Hmm, I've only been in the town for a short while - but I've solved a couple of "faction quests" there. Each time I've solved one that, for example, increased my score to 1/4 for the Don it has at the same time cancelled an opportunity to get 1/4 with the order.

So how did you get 3/4 with both? Are there in reality 8 faction quests in the town? Or did you somehow manage to solve some of the quests for both sides?

I don't know. I haven't kept score or track of how many quests there were exactly. What I did is that I first talked to all NPCs, did the quests but whenever the dialogue option "for x" (x = order or Don) popped up I didn't finish the quest but decided to return to that NPC later. Then when I ran out of quests to do I went back and talked to the various folks again until it was 3/4 on both sides.
The final quest for both sides for me is the one with the five armor plates. I could give them either to Lukor or Carasco (not sure if the names are the same in the English version) and thus join either side. Naturally, I'm going to keep that option until I have completely run out of things to do.

You can also
scale the tower at the back of the commandant's place and take a swan dive ... you will think you are dying but then will wake up on the beach. Getting back in the town is easy - another 100 gold at the same place you got in the first time.

You can also
scale the tower at the back of the commandant's place and take a swan dive … you will think you are dying but then will wake up on the beach. Getting back in the town is easy - another 100 gold at the same place you got in the first time.

No need to

You can also climb down. That's what I did the first time. Standing in front of the commandant's place (do not enter, do not pass the guard) go left, to the corner, be careful, you can climb down. Beware of the guards when you're down.

Getting out of town

I'm currently 2/4 for Don and 1/4 for the Order. The getting out of town method previously mentioned in the spoiler worked for me with this slight variation:

If you have the acrobatics skill you can jump off the walls behind the forge and land near the secret exit taking no damage.

So how did you get 3/4 with both? Are there in reality 8 faction quests in the town? Or did you somehow manage to solve some of the quests for both sides?
There are 7 quests. If there was an even number the game wouldn't be able to decide which faction you wanted to join if you did 4 quests for Mendoza and 4 for the Don.

If you're curious, the quests are:
1. The extortion quest.
2. The Sid/Rodriguez feud.
3. Recovering the amulet from the Don's house.
4. Recovering the armor plates.
5. Captain Romanov's treasure chest.
6. Recovering the goblets.
7. The weed quest.

I jumped from the wall next to the commandan't office onto a high rock and from there, further down again - but you have to sneak and run your way out once you reach the ground, because the guards are very likely to spot you even when sneaking.
I do think it's better to hang around at the swamp before you commit yourself too much in town - you don't have to commit yourself at an early stage in the swamp, but the town is riskier where committment to either side is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom