The Banner Saga - Post-Funding Update #39

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Stoic has released a new lets play video of The Banner Saga in this new post-funding update.

Hello backers! After a brief delay the first part of the PAX playthrough is ready to go! Keep in mind, this is all in-game and we're still in beta so some effects, polish and optimizations are still in development. That said, we're getting damn close!

At the end of the video we'll need to make a choice. What would you do? Vote in the comments and we'll continue on next time with the most popular decision, a day or two from now. As always, watching in HD is highly recommended…

A couple people asked that we not flood their inbox with a dozen updates over the next week. We'll be hosting the whole playthrough on the Stoic forums. You don't even need an account to watch. Feel free to comment on the first part here, and check in on the Let's Play thread to see what happens next.

More information.

Backed this game back in March of last year. I really wasn't interested in the Factions game but if it helped to make the single player experience better than that's fine. I do find the art style they went with a nice change from other games and the animation such as the flowing flag as the cart was moving along nicely done.

I didn't back it on KS, but I am still following this with a lot of interest, and I am pretty sure I'll buy it when it comes out. The visual style is coming together extremely well, although the cinematic quality, for once, makes the lack of voiceovers quite apparent.

Killing an enemy in Full Plate Mail with an arrow. Must have been some really strong armor piercing tip.

Its look very interesting and unique Turned based RPG, and great epic storyline and a large game too, as they seem to hint at. Its a definite buy for me, maybe not day one because i dont have time to play right away but will 100% buy it when i do have time.

This video looks great! Gives me a lot of hope for the single player. Having played Factions, I know already that the combat mechanics are excellent (possibly some of the best in the genre, ever).

My only complaint would be the choice you have to make at the end. Maybe some context is missing or I'm just overlooking the obvious, but I don't even fully understand what those three options mean:

1. Ok, I got that. You tell Alette to go with Egil as Iver has ordered.
2. Isn't that the same as 1. just in a rude, commanding tone?
3. Let who fight? Let Iver & the men fight against the Dredge? So then it would be the same as 1. once again?

Back
Top Bottom