Courier - Kickstarter Now Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Couier the game I mentioned a few days back is now on kickstarter asking for $24,000. Here is a recap of the game, and you can also read the other news-bit.

In Courier, you explore a rich, fantasy world as you experience a deep story, explore dungeons, help townspeople, and avoid obstacles. But you play as a mail-carrier instead of a warrior. The focus is on the expansive world and the experiences within instead of endless combat, random battles, and bloodshed. You will traverse wide stretches of land, visit towns, navigate dangerous dungeons, and solve many puzzles. However, you won't complete this task with a sword, but something mightier. And not fire spells, either.

Gameplay is based around helping townspeople, making deliveries, solving puzzles, avoiding hazards and obstacles, exploring dungeons and the land, and unraveling an intricate plot. You'll encounter townsfolk, thieves, scientists, wizards, heroes, spirits, royalty, allies, and foes as you gain access to more and more of the landscape. Each town is detailed and filled with people looking for help. Some of these people will lead you to important information that leads you to new places and uncovers more of the plot.
More information.

No "endless combat, random battles, and bloodshed" Hmm, so what do you do when you encounter one of those "foes"? ... Mail them a letter convincing them to adopt better behavior in the future?

Avoid them maybe.

The emphasis is on endless combat,bloodshed, random battles though.

It is not a combat game as so many, many so called RPGs are strictly about.

Combat might happen but it is not the dominating feature.

Time will tell.

So instead of fighting enemies you do endless delivery quests?! o_O

Daniel.

Doesn't sound like this would be for me, I like my endless combat and bloodshed.

I suppose it could be possible to suffer a nasty paper cut in this game though.:)

I'm sure there's an audience for this though, it's just not me.

Back
Top Bottom