S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - PC version won't be compromised

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GSC Gameworld has told Facebook fans the PC version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 won't be compromised by the announced console versions because they develop primarily on PC. From Neoseeker:
"Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version," they explain. "The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics (meaning PC will offer more visual effects)."
They also say UI elements like the inventory and map will not suffer at all, and as with Call of Pripyat, DirectX 11 will be supported (hopefully with more love this time).
More information.

Will this use the same engine?

I really hope they don't spoil the game with console features. It was the most enjoyable FPS I've played last year (hey, I'm replaying it again, which is very rare of me).

But I can't see how will they keep the AI as good or better, since every FPS for consoles I know, had to compromise something to suit gamepad controling. Dumber AI, or AI with slower reactions or with less accuracy, auto-targetting, etc...

I'll just hope for the best.

Eh, they could just add auto-targeting or target lock to the console version only and that would solve it (and keep the AI good obviously). At worst have the target lock as a feature that can be turned on or off (some console only games do this already...like Red Dead Redemption).

I only now have a PC that can handle S:Chernobyl in all it`s glory...it`s an original-as-all-hell game with unmatched combat and I hope they won`t mess it up...

I`d be happy if they opened the world up a bit though...not played Pripyat/Clear Sky, but in the old one the fences are a bit grating.

I'm honestly not worried about these guys doing to Stalker 2 what Bioware did to Mass Effect 2. They have already proven that they can be financially successful with an actual rpg/fps, and they aren't a big enough company to fall victim to the "worrying about mainstream appeal" attitude of bigger companies. If they have any good business sense, they will understand that their market is rpg fans, and if Gothic 4: Arcania has proven anything, it's that a lesser-known rpg maker can't afford to stray too far from what interests the rpg market.

Back
Top Bottom